Login failed. You are not allowed to visit this world.

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Alyssa Sugarplum
Been thanked: 0

Login failed. You are not allowed to visit this world.

Post by Alyssa Sugarplum »

Trying to visit Kitely with Firestorm and I keep getting this error despite following all available guides. I can't find help with this error anywhere.
Dot Matrix

Re: Login failed. You are not allowed to visit this world.

Post by Dot Matrix »

Hello Alyssa.

When you search for the world on the Kitely world search webpage, https://www.kitely.com/search, can you find it?
Alyssa Sugarplum

I'm not trying to join any specific world just trying to login to Kitely itself with my username and password through Firestorm.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Alyssa.

Have you followed the instructions here? https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/displ ... ual+Worlds

Do you have an OpenSim-combatible version of Firestorm installed, or do you have the Second Life only version?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Selby Evans
Alyssa Sugarplum

Hello I have all the settings from there as they were already there for Kitely. Version: Firestorm 4.6.9 (42974) Dec 12 2014 12:47:58 (Firestorm-Releasex64) with OpenSimulator support.
Alyssa Sugarplum

Ok so just to be sure I disabled my Windows Firewall completely and it worked. Now I'm trying to figure out why it didn't bother to ask me to allow it through and how to setup windows firewall properly for Kitely. Any advice would be nice!
Pixellada Com

Post by Pixellada Com »

You need to turn on notifications for blocked network activity. You should frequently monitor your software firewall settings, as some versions automatically update settings to provide tighter security.
Consult the documentation for your software or visit the manufacturer's website for details on how to configure your internet security software. Don't forget the built-in Windows Firewall; certain system updates may cause the Windows Firewall to re-enable itself. You can find the Windows Firewall in the Control Panel, under Security Center.
Harbour City - come, see, stay.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

The link I sent you contains the ports you need to open in your Firewall to access Kitely:
How do I configure my firewall to allow access to Kitely?

Most users don't need to configure their firewall, so once you have installed an OpenSim-compatible viewer you should try entering a Kitely world immediately (without following the steps in this section). However, if you are unable to enter the world then the problem might be that your Firewall is blocking access to Kitely. This happens with some firewalls that are included in several popular antivirus solutions, and with organization firewalls (if your computer is running inside an organization's network). In that case, you'll need to make sure that your Firewall isn't blocking access to Kitely. You will need to open the following ports (or ask your System Administrator to do so):

Ports 8002, 8010, 9000-9100 - TCP and UDP
Ports 80 and 443 - TCP (for Web server, HTTP/HTTPS)

If you want to be able to use voice in-world (speak using the microphone, and hear other people), then you also need to open the ports used by Vivox Voice, which is the third-party voice provider that we use. Vivox uses the following ports:

Ports 12000-17000 - UDP (for voice media, RTP/RTCP)
Ports 5060 and 5062 - UDP (for voice control signals, SIP)
Ports 3478 and 3479 - UDP (to aid in setting up voice with NAT, STUN)
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansCarlos Loff
Aljoša Frandolič
Has thanked: 0

Post by Aljoša Frandolič »

Even I have the same error LOGIN. When I access with avatar Kitely and even when I access from hypergrid. I can without problems in other grid only Kitely wrong.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Aljoša Frandolič wrote:Even I have the same error LOGIN. When I access with avatar Kitely and even when I access from hypergrid. I can without problems in other grid only Kitely wrong.
Can you login to the Kitely Welcome Center successfully?