Copying prim contents into inventory

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Handy Low

Copying prim contents into inventory

Post by Handy Low »

Has anyone found a reliable way of copying the contents of a prim into inventory?

I have to rename 156 objects in a prim, which would take forever if I were to do it directly (the way the editor refreshes each time), so I thought I'd take them all into inventory, rename them there and then put them back. I knew that copying lots of objects from inventory to a prim was bugged, missing a lot of the objects, but also that there's a Firestorm command ("zdrop") to do that reliably. I'd also assumed that there was an opposite command to take from the prim into inventory.

However, when I come to look, the "ztake" Firestorm command isn't the opposite of "zdrop" at all - it's for taking the in-world objects themselves into inventory.

As I knew from previous experience, using the "copy to inventory" button on the "open" dialog seems to drop about half the objects, so that's no good, pretty much the same as trying to drag from from the "contents" tab of the edit window. This has never worked properly in OpenSim in the eight years I've been using it.

So now I'm kind of stuck, trying to figure out some way of doing this reliably. Any ideas?
Handy Low
Handy Low

Re: Copying prim contents into inventory

Post by Handy Low »

In the end, I did it by hand, small batches at a time, making sure that the contents were complete.
Handy Low