Kokua Viewer 4.0.1 available for download

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Gavin Hird
Has thanked: 0

Kokua Viewer 4.0.1 available for download

Post by Gavin Hird »

Kokua version 4.0.1 for OpenSim and SecondLife grids is available for download with support for Linux 32 and 64 bit, OS X and Windows.

This version brings functionality up to par with the Linden 4.0.1 version of the SecondLife viewer were the main focus is on replacing the dated QTWebkit framework with SL Chromium Embedded Framework. For the first time it is also possible to select a mesh item attached to another avatar – handy for finding out who made the creation.

The release has the following additions for this version:

• RLV version 2.9.16 from Marine Kelly
• Setting the Export permissions flag for items in OpenSim
• Do not let me fly
• Inventory filter for transferrable items only

There are additional bug fixes for areas such as cache issues, media volume, space navigator in addition to a large number of fixes from the Linden version.

The release has been tested on most OpenSim grids, also Kitely. Kitely is listed in the standard grid-list of the viewer.

The changes included in SecondLife versions 4.0.1.309943 and 4.0.1.310054 are included in this version.
These users thanked the author Gavin Hird for the post (total 4):
Dot MatrixSelby EvansGraham MillsSerene Jewell
Dot Matrix

Re: Kokua Viewer 4.0.1 available for download

Post by Dot Matrix »

Thanks for the heads-up, Gavin.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Many thanks, Gavin. I attempted to install on Win 8.1 but Kokua crashed on startup as per https://sourceforge.net/p/team-purple/k ... ckets/364/. Anyone else having this problem? I'll look into doing a clean-ish install to see if that helps.
Gavin Hird

Post by Gavin Hird »

Graham Mills wrote:Many thanks, Gavin. I attempted to install on Win 8.1 but Kokua crashed on startup as per https://sourceforge.net/p/team-purple/k ... ckets/364/. Anyone else having this problem? I'll look into doing a clean-ish install to see if that helps.
Try remove the avatar specific settings file (move it elsewhere) as sometimes it needs to generate a new one in my experience.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Thanks for the suggestion, Gavin. No luck I'm afraid but not to worry as I'm moving to Win 10 shortly and will have another try then.
Gavin Hird

Post by Gavin Hird »

Support tickets for Kokua can be opened at https://sourceforge.net/p/team-purple/kokua/tickets
Please include a copy of the text from the About->Kokua menu item.