Suitcase? Where's my suitcase?

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Ilan Tochner

Re: Suitcase? Where's my suitcase?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I see you are running the 32bit version of Firestorm. There is a reported issue about My Suitecase not always showing with the 32bit version of Firestorm. See: http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7821

Please try running the 64bit version of Firestorm instead.
Freda Frostbite

Post by Freda Frostbite »

Okay I just spent more than an hour opening every folder in my inventory and every folder inside a folder in my inventory. "My suitcase" is not there. I did exactly as you suggested once more before logging back in to go through inventory. I cleared browser cache and inventory cache. I logged back in and waited for everything to rez. If My Suitcase is there, it is invisible.
Freda Frostbite

Oh just seeing your question about the number of root folders. I am not sure what that means exactly but will log back in and see if I can figure that out.
Freda Frostbite

Assuming that root folders are the folders one sees when first opening inventory and has not yet opened any of the folders-- I see 35, including Trash and OS library. And now I am heading to bed. Will check here again tomorrow. Thanks for helping me figure this out, Ilan.
Freda Frostbite

I *am* on 32? OOOOO-- Okay will dump that tomorrow and get the 64. I am not sure how I put the wrong one on new computer. I looked in my computer and thought I was seeing 64, but that may have been a 64 to do with an older version of firestorm. Will deal with this more tomorrow. Thanks again, Ilan.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You are very welcome Freda :-)
Freda Frostbite

After some sleep, I recalled WHY I was on Firestorm 32. It was a Windows 10 compatibility thing. For several months I could not use the new Firestorm at all with W10. It kept telling me my graphics drivers were out of date even though I updated them several times and they weren't out of date for anything but the new firestorm. I used Kokua and singularity for a while til someone suggested I try Firestorm 32 with Windows 10. That worked - except for the missing suitcase thing, as it turns out. So this morning I checked in Singularity and - sure enough! - 37 root files including my suitcase. So I did a totally clean install and tried loading Firestorm 64. Same problem as before. It keeps saying graphics drivers need to be updated. So I went to HP and checked graphics drivers. They are current. So now I have no working Firestorm on my computer but I do have Singularity and Kokua (which does not have a My Suitcase file at all). I am going to try to learn to get along with Singularity, though I have never been a big fan. At this point though, I am almost 5 hours into my work day and have accomplished ZIPPO in terms of actual work. This motivates me to suck it up and deal with Singularity.

In the midst of all this, I looked into rolling back to Windows 8.1 and find that is risky for data safety. I have my work all backed up in a cloud and on multiple thumb drives AND on an external hard drive, but I shiver to read that others have lost files when reverting, so I am holding off on that plan 'til it no longer gives me the vapors.

I also tried downloading REFLEX but cannot get their website to load even when I turned off all my firewalls long enough to do so. Forget them. Singularity, it is.

Don't I sound thrilled? Gotta love Windows and MS, huh?

And thanks again, Ilan.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you for the update Freda.

It is worth noting that I'm using Firestorm 64bit on Windows 10 without any graphics driver issues, but it of course depends on the graphics card you have. Do you know the exact model and manufacturer of your graphics card?
Freda Frostbite

I did some poking around and found that there are issues with my driver Windows 10 and Firestorm 4.7.7 compatibility. They have a work-around for the 32 bit version, but NOT for the 64.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_intel_fix_32bit
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

I am using Windows 10 with Nvidia cards on both machines. I have Nvidia drivers, installed from the Nvidia website. I would never let Windows handle my graphics driver installation. The one time I let them, they put in an outdated driver.