Suitcase? Where's my suitcase?

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Freda Frostbite

Re: Suitcase? Where's my suitcase?

Post by Freda Frostbite »

We mere mortals have no idea what the difference is or how one gets a different graphics card than the one that came installed on the machine. Now that you say it, I remember that I had a Nvidia something-or-other on my old machine. A the moment, I am using Firestorm 32 for everything that does not require my suitcase. Then, I am jumping to Singularity, which sucks. If I can regain some patience with sorting this out, I'll google Nvidia graphics card and see if it is possible to install one on my machine.
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Your computer may have a Nvidia or an AMD graphics card. Or you might be using system graphics, but that would be less satisfactory. If you know that your machine does not have a graphics card, then you probably do want to get an Nvidia installed. To check on what, if any, card you have follow this path in Windows 10:
Click the windows graphic, then on the panel that comes up:
Settings--System -- advanced -- Display adapter properties Look for adapter type
If you have a graphics card installed, go to the download page of the company, get and install the current driver.
If you have a desktop, I expect that you can install a graphics card.
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerDot MatrixFreda Frostbite
Freda Frostbite

Thanks, Selby, mine has a graphics card but I am told that because it's a sleekbook, there is no way to change the internal card. I would have to use one that attaches via USB and that would likely be unsatisfactory. So I am told. I personally have no idea.

Here is an odd discovery though that suggests the problem has nothing to do with my graphics card OR with being on 32-bit Firestorm. It turns out I *DO* have a My Suitcase folder in Great Canadian Grid when using the same computer and the same firestorm viewer. But not in Kitely. Why would that be? Is Kitely on a different version of OS that GCG? Would my GCG av be able to access her suitcase in Kitely if she paid me a visit here and delivered stuff I need from the hypergrid?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I don't know which version of OpenSim GCG uses but there are differences in how different OpenSim versions manage the My Suitecase folder (e.g. differences in the folder type they assign to it, see http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.8.2.0_Release).
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

Someone else was just asking me about this today. The suitcase folder does not show up in Kitely though it shows up elsewhere.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Were they using the 32bit version of Firestorm Serene?
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

This happened to one of my alts today. It was with a fresh Mac installation of the Firestorm viewer downloaded from the link on How to Enter Kitely Virtual Worlds, with a brand-new avie travelling from an HG-enabled Diva-based standalone.

In the KWC, the alt "bought" one of the freebie avies, but at that point there was no sign of "My Suitcase" in its inventory. It went on to Graham's "Stuff" region, then Craft grid's main freebie area, but "My Suitcase" was still not visible.

The alt went back to its home grid, logged off, then logged back on to its home grid. "My Suitcase" was then visible, and included the freebie avie folder.

Subsequently, the avie was able to have things delivered from Kitely Market.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dot,

What version of OpenSim was the avi logged into before it teleported into Kitely?
Freda Frostbite

For me it's there if I use singularity in Kitely. But not the version of Firestorm that works with my computer. So, basically I now use singularity as my suitcase.
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Ilan Tochner wrote:What version of OpenSim was the avi logged into before it teleported into Kitely?
The current version of Diva's distribution: OpenSim 0.8.2.1.