Suitcase? Where's my suitcase?

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Freda Frostbite

Suitcase? Where's my suitcase?

Post by Freda Frostbite »

I have searched the forums for an answer to this question and saw a bunch of coder talk I did not understand. When I go to HG, I get stuff I like and try to bring it home to Kitely. Last night I went and got a dance system for the History Month ball, but when I got home I can't find it in inventory and can't find my suitcase either. Same thing happened the other day with some lovely farm animals I found somewhere out in the great beyond.

Can someone tell me: is there no suitcase anymore? Is it hidden? Am I unable to bring things home from my travels?

Please, please, in simple non-techno-speak, enlighten me.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Suitcase? Where's my suitcase?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Freda,

Your My Suitecase folder (with quite a lot of subfolders) is still inside your Kitely avatar's inventory. Please try clearing your viewer inventory cache in Firestorm (in Preferences > Network & Files > Directories > Clear Inventory Cache) then restart your viewer.
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

If you are using an avatar with home base in Kitely, you have a suitcase. That is probably also true of most other grids. There is at least one grid (and maybe a few) that does not use a suutcase. I found found some time ago that the 32 bit Firestorm stopped showing my suitcase. I resolved that problem by shifting to 64 bit Firestorm. See:
http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/ ... tcase.html

That is all I know.
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Freda Frostbite

Will clear casche before I log into Kitely again tonight. Does my casche get befuddled from traveling so much? Virtual jet lag?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Freda,

The viewer can have caching issues when it's used to login to different grids (using accounts on different grids) and, in some cases, when traveling between grids via the Hypergrid. Clearing your viewer cache and your viewer inventory cache can solve many of the issues you may encounter when using your viewer in this fashion.
Freda Frostbite

I cleared casches and I think I am on Firestorm 64-bit. Still can't find my suitcase. I know it should be in my inventory but it does not appear as a folder or when I search "suitcase." Going to try a different viewer in a moment, just on the off chance it works.
Freda Frostbite

Nope, still no suitcase. Not in Kokua either.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I see your My Suitcase folder on the server so it's definitely there. Please login into your Kitely world then clear both the viewer cache and the viewer inventory cache, log out and then log back in. Wait until your world fully rezzes before opening the Inventory window. The sort order for your folders may not be as you expect so please make sure you scroll down your inventory tree when you look for your My Suitcase folder.
Freda Frostbite

That is precisely what I did earlier. If it's there, I don''t see it and it does not come up when I search inventory. Will try it again.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

There are currently 37 folders in your root inventory folder. How many do you see?