Problems setting home with latest Firestorm

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Graham Mills

Problems setting home with latest Firestorm

Post by Graham Mills »

This is just to document an issue that Lorelei picked up with a new account holder, viz unable to set home at KWC. Swapping from the latest Firestorm (clean install) to Singularity fixed it so there may be an issue with latest FS. Also, he kept being directed to KWC OLD on login -- is that still the default if no world is specified on a new account?
Ilan Tochner

Re: Problems setting home with latest Firestorm

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Graham,

The new Kitely Welcome Center is the default for new accounts so they'll log into it unless they take some action to login to a different world, e.g. by clicking a different world in the Destinations part of our viewer login page. It's worth noting that if you keep the viewer login Start At field set to "Last location" then the next time you login will be to the world you were in when you last logged off. This could explain how that new user kept logging in to the old Kitely Welcome Center.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Selby Evans
Kurtis Anatine

Post by Kurtis Anatine »

I've had 3 other people kind of report about this issue as well with the latest Firestorm. Seems like they broke the set home button :/
Roswenthe Blackwell

Post by Roswenthe Blackwell »

It is a problem with Firestorm. I changed to Kokua to set mine. I also had that problem in SL, and had to change viewers to set it.