Firestorm crashes every time I try to open it

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
N B
Been thanked: 0

Firestorm crashes every time I try to open it

Post by N B »

I just created my account on Kitely today and downloaded the Firestorm Viewer. I have windows 10 64 bit. The viewer crashes almost immediately every time I try to open it. The version number is shown as 4.7.7.48706. At least I think that's the version number. Anyway, I can't get the viewer to run so I can't even get started with Kitely. Is there an alternative viewer I can use? Or is there something else I can do to get it working?

Edit: I have whitelisted the .exe in Windows Firewall and in my Antivirus. It is still crashes. When I try to run Firestorm I see "Detecting Hardware", then "Initializing VFS", then a window opens that is empty except for the version number at the top. Then it crashes and the Firestorm Crash Logger appears.
Last edited by N B on Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Firestorm crashes every time I try to open it

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Did you download the 64bit version of Firestorm or the 32bit one? See: http://www.firestormviewer.org/downloads/
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
N B
N B
Been thanked: 0

Post by N B »

Thanks! That was it. I should have realized. I am pretty sure I downloaded from some different page than the one you sent, and I didn't see a choice between 32 and 64, so I just assumed it was giving me the right version.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Great, please let me know if there is anything else you need.