viewer log in grid info

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Miss Smith

viewer log in grid info

Post by Miss Smith »

Hi,
I was wondering if there is a way to remove the grid info from the log in page. I am wanting to use kitley for education, however as it is within a school there are various safeguarding measures which must be considered. Whilst I can limit my world to the students, the log in screen makes it obvious that there are alternate choices of destination which is not ideal. Is there an alternative method to access kitely which does not promote the wider online world?

Many Thanks
Carmel
These users thanked the author Miss Smith for the post (total 3):
Selby EvansGraham MillsIlan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: viewer log in grid info

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Miss Smith,

There is currently no easy way to hide the viewer login screen. However, if you have access to all the student's computers and you feel comfortable changing XML files then you can change several viewer configuration files to remove the Kitely login page information and thus prevent the login page from being displayed.

As an aside, we are aware of your usage scenario and intend to eventually offer a service that will be able to address the access control needs of education organizations.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 4):
Graham MillsMiss SmithSelby EvansMike Lorrey
Miss Smith

Post by Miss Smith »

Hi Ilan,

Thanks for the reply, so I have had a look into changing the XML files and as I suspected..... I know absolutely nothing about that or how I would go about doing it. However if this could be done then this would solve the major issue with using Kitley in school. Is there any information that you could direct me to which would enable either myself, or someone else (maybe IT) to make these changes.

Many Thanks

Carmel
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Carmel,

Your IT may be able to redirect calls to the specified grids.xml address on this page to a locally modified XML file so that all access from Firestorm viewers inside your network will automatically get the modified Kitely grid definition that has the login page info removed.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 4):
Graham MillsSelby EvansMike LorreyMiss Smith