World Map Snapshot No Longer Updating

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Nyza Stillwater

World Map Snapshot No Longer Updating

Post by Nyza Stillwater »

So I've run into a problem that I've been dealing with for a few months but hadn't sought out any solution ideas from people.

So as people build their worlds, their world map eventually updates (I'm not sure how often, it seemed like once a week at least) with their sim's progress. Mine is no longer doing that, and it seems stuck from a point several months in the past (I can tell because I've removed some pathways and other objects/elements that still show up on the World Map snapshot).

It's not really a super big deal, but I'm curious if there might be any way to fix it so it would start updating again, or what may have caused it.
Ilan Tochner

Re: World Map Snapshot No Longer Updating

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Nyza,

The world map updates on days during which the world was visited at least once.

We use Warp3D for creating the map tiles because it produces better looking results compared to OpenSim's standard map generation library. Unfortunately, Warp3D has a few bugs which can cause the map tile generation process to fail for worlds which include a sufficient number of complex meshes. Your world may be one such world. If it includes very complex meshes (even phantom ones) then you may want to consider simplifying them. This will not only enable Warp3D to complete its job, it will also reduce your world's start up time.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Nyza Stillwater
Nyza Stillwater

Post by Nyza Stillwater »

Glad to know this, thank you Ilan. I had a feeling as we started adding more and more meshes to our world that something was stalling the update process.
These users thanked the author Nyza Stillwater for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

YVW Nyza. Please let us know if there is anything else you need.