Setting Landing Spot

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Koshari Mahana

Setting Landing Spot

Post by Koshari Mahana »

I switched from a single region to a 2x2 but now my landing spot (when you type Four Winds on the map) won't change from the southwest. I created a new telehub and everything and still it won't change. I also chose the landing point on the parcel but it's not changing. What can I do?

I'm attaching an inworld map and the map on my region account (website) I want my telehub to be in the northeast, where my avatar is located in the first photo. It keeps taking me to the southwest though.

The bottom photo (from the website) shows the original region in the northeast, exactly where I want it... but as I said, the landing spot is now over in the southwest.

Thanks!
Koshari

VISIT FOUR WINDS ON THE MARKET
VISIT FOUR WINDS INWORLD: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Coopersville/909/907/21
Ilan Tochner

Re: Setting Landing Spot

Post by Ilan Tochner »

What viewer are you using Koshari?
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

I'm using Firestorm
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

When I set "home" it's not remembering and tells me I don't have a "home" set.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Firestorm has problems with the Set Home function. I suggest you use Singularity to set home. After you've done so the setting will be retained even after you switch back to using Firestorm.
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Okay, I got the "set Home" to work now.

Still not working is:
Telehub
Landing Point
(both show the southwest no matter what I do)
and
in Search teleporting to Four Winds gives the message "the region you tried to teleport to doesn't exist anymore"
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I checked the Parcel info, the teleport routing was set to Anywhere instead of Landing Point so I changed it to Landing Point so avatars will be directed there. The landing point was already set to (437, 407, 22).

Once you resize a world you may need to recreate the Landmarks you created for it prior to the size change.
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Thanks for your help. It's still not working though.

I want the default landing point to be in the northeast (see yellow arrow) but when I type in Four Winds to search it teleports to the southwest (see red arrow).

The reason I didn't check "Teleport Routing Landing Point" on the parcel itself is because I want to be able to give the links to different sections of the 2x2 region. Do I have to divide into parcels to make this work? However, I did set the telehub (and spawn) in the Region/Estate section to the northeast position and that is not moving from the southwest, I can't get it to default to the northeast.

What I need to differentiate between is forced landing vs region specific landing spots (ie: if I want to have people teleport to the fantasy section or stores section etc...) At the same time I also want to have a default landing point when someone types in Four Winds or when they use grid.kitely.com:8002:Four Winds and I want this to be where the yellow arrow points.

I've never had this problem before but then I've never had a 2x2 before either. I'm hoping that this can work.

I appreciate your help :)

Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

If you set teleport routing to Anywhere then teleporting via the map will direct you to the center of the south west "region" of your world (in big worlds there is just one VarRegion). If you want the landing point to work when teleporting via the map then you need to set teleport routing to Landing Point.

You can have as many landmarks as you want but there can only be a single landing point per world.
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Thanks. :)

So something is still not working with my region because even when I do set the Teleport Routing to "Landing Point" it still wants to teleport people to the Southwest instead of the landing point (when typing Four Winds into search or using grid.kitely.com:8002:Four Winds) I'm not sure why it's doing this. Not only am I setting it to "landing point" I've also got it set to the northeast spot in the Region settings.

The yellow arrow is where I want people to go, it's where I have the landing point set to both in Parcel and Region yet it still wants to go to where the red circle is.

Thanks again for your help :)