Friend Access Assistance

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Anne Smith 2

Friend Access Assistance

Post by Anne Smith 2 »

I have a friend who, yesterday, created a Kitely account and downloaded Firestorm. She got into Kitely (although half of her avatar was invisible). Today she reports that when logging on, the Viewer login progress bar freezes about half way. Strangely, at the same time I could see her avatar already inworld (still half invisible). I asked her to use her computer arrows to move and jump and her avatar functioned accordingly. But on her side the login bar was still frozen on her screen. Audio of the birds could be heard though. She has tried all day to get in, having refreshed screen, rebooted, reinstalled Firestorm, and checked firewall restrictions with her IT guy. Still no luck. Any ideas?
These users thanked the author Anne Smith 2 for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerFreda Frostbite
Graham Mills

Re: Friend Access Assistance

Post by Graham Mills »

While I don't have an immediate answer (not a problem I've encountered though clearing cache is generally a good starting point), it might be worth trying SceneGate which has a simpler user interface for those getting started with OpenSim https://downloads.infinitemetaverse.org ... er-windows
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Anne Smith 2
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Anne,

The problem you described has been reported by some people who use a computer with on-board Intel graphics. It can be resolved by using the 32bit version of Firestorm instead of the 64bit version one.

Your friend can download the 32bit version of Firestorm for OpenSim from here: https://www.firestormviewer.org/os-operating-system/
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 6):
Graham MillsAnnie TeachAnne Smith 2Freda FrostbiteChris NamasteKim McCabe
Anne Smith 2

Post by Anne Smith 2 »

Excellent! Thanks Ilan. I shall let her know. Much appreciated!
These users thanked the author Anne Smith 2 for the post:
Chris Namaste