Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Chris Namaste

Re: Firestorm problem

Post by Chris Namaste »

:) yes i relate to those issues, and same (to me) in digi it did work :
awhile ago i wrote about that necklace inmesh here in kitely,
i was told that it was too complex

since i (in previous fs) never experienced this before, i kept trying,
till it worked eventually (in digi or dynamic i dont remember where now).

in dynamic i saw ownder danny cruise wrote a groupnote, with kind advise that the last one (205) seems to have problems & to downgrade to earlier release,
maybe it would be goo d idea to talk, as owners, with each other? and exchange experiences?
(just trying to help), since many of us seem to have these issues,
christa
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post:
Frank SquirrelHerder
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

for me not every mesh object... i thought it was for awhile.
not sure of criteria of complex vs non-complex
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Is it a single mesh object, a linkset, or a coalesced object?
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Here is one that just crashed me...
Thanks Ilan! ☺
mesh crasher 01.JPG
mesh crasher 01.JPG (40.66 KiB) Viewed 11241 times
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChris Namaste
Sudane Erato

Post by Sudane Erato »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:57 pm
Hi Sudane,

What graphics card do you have?

What operating system (and version) is your computer running (Windows, MacOS)?

Please open the viewer, click the Kitely Welcome Center link in the viewer login page then press the Login button. Do you get to the point where you see the world rezzing or does it crash before that?
Ilan, forgive me! I thought I was subscribed to this thread, but apparently not, as I had no message of your reply.

I just attempted to get in again today, and still the same symptoms.

Graphics card is GeForce GTX 1650
OS is fully updated Win10 64-bit

When I open the viewer and insert the grid name and credentials, I see no Kitely Welcome Center link (but I do see the regular Kitely splash screen with lots of URL links). I log into the Beta Technologies sims where I work. After connecting, I rez in the "waiting area", waiting for whichever region to load. After no more than 2 secs in the waiting area, the viewer crashes. I think the viewer has no awareness of crashing, because tho I have it set to ask me to send crash reports, it never asks... only instantly crashes.

I should note that in late May/early June, I was having no problem logging in. Config, all else, everything the same. Then one day this started, and I can't get in since.

Thanks for your help!

Sudane.................................
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Sudane,

Please press the Enter World button on this page: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Il ... ome-Center

Then log into Kitely and immediately open Viewer > Preferences > Network & Files > Directories and press both the "Clear Cache" button and the "Clear Inventory Cache" button; once that's done restart your viewer and log back into Kitely as instructed above.

Does your viewer crash when you do this?
Sudane Erato

Post by Sudane Erato »

Sadly, yes. If I try to log in before clearing either cache, it still crashes after two sec. Instead, I was able to clear the "cache", but not the "inventory cache", at the login screen, and login that way. But once in, it still crashes after 2 sec.

Sudane.................
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Please install the 32bit version of the viewer and see if you crash with it as well.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Sudane Erato
Sudane Erato

Post by Sudane Erato »

Ilan,thx! Using the 32-bit viewer solved the problem. Was successful in logging in and staying in and moving between regions.

But that begs a question. Clearing the caches in the 32-bit viewer did not solve the 64-bit viewer problem, so they obviously use different caches (I installed them to different folders so as to retain use of the 64-bit version). Does this mean that the 64-bit version is no longer available to me to use in Kitely? Are there known issues?... that we can either fix ourselves through settings, or lobby the FS people to fix?

Thanks for your help with this!

Sudane..................
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Please check if your motherboard includes an Intel graphics chipset (e.g. "Intel HD 630"). If it does then the problem you're encountering is due to that chipset's graphics driver causing issues with 64bit versions of SL/OpenSim viewers. You can read more about this here: https://community.secondlife.com/forums ... ing-world/

If you know how to do so, disabling the onboard Intel graphics in your motherboard's BIOS can help prevent the bug, which will enable you to resume using 64bit versions of the viewer. There is a viewer-side fix for this issue as well but, as of now, it has yet to be incorporated into any OpenSim-compatible viewer.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Sudane EratoChris Namaste