Message about missing havok in Firestorm

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Luna Stormfeather
Has thanked: 0

Message about missing havok in Firestorm

Post by Luna Stormfeather »

Today I logged into Kitely to upload some mesh models. I received this message while trying to upload:
Some functions like mesh upload with physics are not included in this version of Firestorm (6.4.12.62831). If you would like to use mesh upload with physics, please download a version of Firestorm containing Havok support from https://www.firestormviewer.org/choose-your-platform/.
The only Havok FS viewers are for SL and you can't us the SL viewer for opensim, so how am I supposed to do this?
These users thanked the author Luna Stormfeather for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Message about missing havok in Firestorm

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Luna,

Please try installing Firestorm for OpenSim version 6.4.21.64531.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Tess JuelGraham Mills
Tess Juel

Post by Tess Juel »

Luna Stormfeather wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:40 am
Today I logged into Kitely to upload some mesh models. I received this message while trying to upload:
Some functions like mesh upload with physics are not included in this version of Firestorm (6.4.12.62831). If you would like to use mesh upload with physics, please download a version of Firestorm containing Havok support from https://www.firestormviewer.org/choose-your-platform/.
The only Havok FS viewers are for SL and you can't us the SL viewer for opensim, so how am I supposed to do this?
That's strange. HAVOK is the physics engine used by Second Life and it has nothing to do with opensim at all.

Anyways, as Ilan said, make sure you have the opensim version of Firestorm installed and if you still get that message, just ignore it.
These users thanked the author Tess Juel for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerMichael Timeless
Luna Stormfeather
Has thanked: 0

Post by Luna Stormfeather »

Okay, that's fine. I have the latest firestorm release so I will ignore it. Thank you.