Bug: Mesh uploaded while on HG not appearing in My Suitcase

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Mike Lorrey

Bug: Mesh uploaded while on HG not appearing in My Suitcase

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Normal function for the viewer when you upload a mesh while out on the hypergrid is the mesh goes to your My Suitcase> Objects folder, NOT your main Objects folder. This is how it has always happened, and the viewer tells you that it can be found in My Suitcase>Objects. However the other day, I was uploading meshes, while on Wyldwood Bayou grid and they all went to my normal Objects folder, so I had to teleport home to Kitely, move them to My Suitcase, and then teleport back to the Bayou. Please fix this.
These users thanked the author Mike Lorrey for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Bug: Mesh uploaded while on HG not appearing in My Suitcase

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mike,

When you're outside Kitely your viewer communicates with a different grid and the commands your viewer sends are sent to Kitely via that grid. We haven't changed anything on our end so the issue you encountered is either due to a change in the viewer or a change in the code that is running on the grid you visited.
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

I beg to differ, I am still using 6.4.21 firestorm, and things uploaded to the proper folders on this version last year, other than, of course, your bug in not putting mesh textures into a texture subfolder....
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

First, you're using a very old version of Firestorm with known issues so I highly recommend you upgrade to the latest Firestorm release.

Next, changes to where uploaded content is added to the inventory were made by the OpenSim developers as part of OpenSim's official release. The change you're complaining about happened when we upgraded to that OpenSim release.
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:10 am
First, you're using a very old version of Firestorm with known issues so I highly recommend you upgrade to the latest Firestorm release.

Next, changes to where uploaded content is added to the inventory were made by the OpenSim developers as part of OpenSim's official release. The change you're complaining about happened when we upgraded to that OpenSim release.
So are you going to fix things so that the act of teleporting does not continue to destroy my content?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Mike, as I stated in your other forums thread, we don't control what happens to your inventory when you're on other grids. That is done by that other grid's servers while you're connected to them. OpenSim prevents accessing content that is located outside your My Suitcase folder while you're on other grids but I'm not sure whether it allows adding anything to your inventory outside that folder if so instructed by the grid server you're connected to. My guess is that the combination of the OpenSim version the grid you visited uses and the viewer version that you used at the time permitted your items to be saved to the Objects folder, while other grids you've visited in the past have saved the content to your My Suitcase > Objects folder as they should have.

I suggest you try to reproduce this issue when teleporting to/from OSgrid which uses the standard OpenSim codebase and the standard OpenSim settings.