Missing OpenSim Library in latest Firestorm

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Graham Mills

Re: Missing OpenSim Library in latest Firestorm

Post by Graham Mills »

Although mainly oriented towards SL, the following page has hints for loading main inventory and, on a separate tab, library.

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerJerralyn Franzic
Julia Pentulia
Has thanked: 0

Post by Julia Pentulia »

I'm running 6.6.8.68380 both Windows n' Linux - neither work, orange ball, no inventory. I've turned off firewalls, even my hardware Fortigate one I bypassed, n' no dice.

However,

I ran up a spare lappy with an older version of Firestorm, the last build, it works fine. I think Firestorm is broken.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Did you connect your old laptop to the internet using a different way than the one you used to connect your regular computer?

Have you tried uninstalling the new Firestorm version and installing the previous version on your regular computer?
Julia Pentulia

Post by Julia Pentulia »

Same internet connection, not an SSL issue or anything like that. I know that's broken in SL currently, has been that way for months. Not yet on installing an older version on my current Windows or Linux. Will try when I have time. ;-/ Later today I hope. I should open a case with FS I suppose.
These users thanked the author Julia Pentulia for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Julia Pentulia

Post by Julia Pentulia »

Fixed. I found two issues. One was Microsoft Visual C++ was old, none of the usual dll errors, just wasn't working. The Visual C++ is needed for the SQL side if I am not mistaken. Updating it fixed my Windows systems. On the Linux machine, that's run inside a a VM n' it's being routed through another network n' VPN I was unaware of. It has a Fortigate firewall on it with SSL inspection turned on for the protocol monitoring. Fortigate's SSL inspection has been broken with SL for eons, n' I guess it's no different with Kitely. Thank you for reminding me of that n' making me go check. I had bypassed all SSL inspections for SL n' Kitely with my own unit here at home, but not the corporate stuff. Turning off that routing fixed it. ;-/
These users thanked the author Julia Pentulia for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerGraham MillsJerralyn Franzic