TELEPORT FAILED

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Shandon Loring

TELEPORT FAILED

Post by Shandon Loring »

For a few days now I"ve been getting Teleport Failed errors frequently when trying to TP into worlds when I'm already inworld...
Numerous worlds tried, numerous errors. Quit Firestorm and Reopen and I can go direct to the world I wanted, but interworld TPs are frequent failures. I've ensured the world I'm going to is online, I've cleared cache and tried various outfits, and stripped down to super simple avatar.

Firestorm64 v6.6.8.68380

Error looks like following:
(note.. this is just one example, the issue is not restricted to this destination, nor to my origin)
teleport failed.JPG
teleport failed.JPG (20.36 KiB) Viewed 2378 times
And just now I exited, reentered, and got the very curt following error:
teleport failed 2.JPG
teleport failed 2.JPG (10.84 KiB) Viewed 2378 times
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: TELEPORT FAILED

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Shandon,

Please look at your viewer's packet loss before you attempt to teleport. It's likely that you're loosing packets due to a noisy internet connection and that this is preventing your viewer from properly connecting to the regions you're trying to teleport to. Is your computer on a Wifi network? What type of ISP connection do you use (cable, fiber, ADSL, satellite)?
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

thank you for reply, Ilan
I am hard wire on cable, 300 Mbps, which varies, of course, with typically 180 to 250 Mbps.

If you can tell me how to check the packet loss, I will do so.

Thank you thank you.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

"CTRL Shift 1" opens the Statistics window: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_statistics
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

thank you..

Packet Loss is 0%
Bandwidth is 280mbps
Framerate 60fps

reviewing similar issues in Kitely Forum...
viewtopic.php?t=1372

I logged in concurrently with another avatar on this same computer, she can TP anywhere easily, back and forth..
We both stand next to each other, attempt TP to the same destination.. she goes.. I don't

I am wearing only
Default Skin - Default Eyes - Default Hair - Default Shape
from the Opensim Library in Inventory...
(boy it's chilly!)

So it appears something related to my Avatar/Profile/Inventory rather than computer/network.

On a whim, dumped everything in My Suitcase folder... and now I appear to be TPing properly again...

Does that make sense?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Do you have a firewall or internet security software installed on your computer or router? If so, please make sure that you have the ports listed here open: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/space ... ual+Worlds

You can also try momentarily disabling that software to see if that solves the teleport issue. If it does then you'd find the cause but please keep in mind that you shouldn't maintain a computer connected to the internet without such software running.
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Thank you Ilan for response.. I did verify all ports as you noted, both in Router and in AV software
I am configuring a new router with DD-WRT instead of the OEM firmware, but that is not online yet.

I went ahead and did a complete 'clean install' of both Firestorm Viewers (SL & OS)...
I mean the real complete.. uninstall, delete directories, burn the cache, all that...
And at this particular point in time I'm zim-zam TPing all over the place problem free - woohoo!

So if someone is reading this post in future with similar issues I'd suggest a Clean Install of the Viewer, it is a minor hassle, but only minor, and follow the destructions on the FS website. https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_clean_install

However, a new minor issue popped up for me, Youtube videos played on inworld prims suddenly have choppy audio, but since that is happening in both SL and OS, it's certain to be something in my setup of course.. but no idea what.. I'll troubleshoot that a bit and then maybe open a new posting asking for community help, somebody clever that knows MOAP stuff better than I do might know something... like Selby.. or you!

Anywho.. thank you thank you
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerGraham Mills