Firestorm 70368 bake failures

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
TeriMar Galuptra
Has thanked: 0

Firestorm 70368 bake failures

Post by TeriMar Galuptra »

I am seeing this frequently since installing the latest version - all worn objects show textures perfectly, but skin and baked clothing layers are blurred or fuzzy, or have a strange tinge.

Editing my appearance shows all the textures are there and correct. Other people also see me correctly.

Ctrl-Alt-R rebake does not resolve the issues.

I am using RuthTooV4 with bake on mesh settings for the avater. I am reluctant to go clearing cache since some of the places I love such as Coopersville take forever to load.

An older version of Firestorm and my very old Singularity both behave correctly.

Another grid (Littlefield) have advised their users to avoid the most recent Firestorm versions as they claim the changes made for the way SL servers on Amazon work means the viewer declines to reload or refresh a texture it thinks it already has in cache to reduce the bandwidth. I don't know if this is correct, but it certainly sounds like the issue I am seeing.

Does anybody else see this issue or have any suggestions other than throwing away my carefully collected cache?
These users thanked the author TeriMar Galuptra for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Firestorm 70368 bake failures

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi TeriMar,

If that's really the cause of the problem then clearing the viewer cache may be unavoidable.