Viewers Quit Working

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Miriam Zhivago

Viewers Quit Working

Post by Miriam Zhivago »

Have been using Singularity and Firestorm, except when importing. Firestorm started lagging very badly lately and today, the graphics were not working correctly on Imprudence (the ocean graphics were off). The graphics do not all load correctly on Imprudence either, which is why I was using Singularity and Firestorm, except when importing, along with Meerkat. I trashed all of the viewers on my mac and downloaded the latest version of Singularity, but was unable to log in. Performed a new download for Imprudence, but the same problem with graphics remains. Did not try a new download for Firestorm yet, since it often has lag problems. Any suggestions? Thanks bunches, Miriam

NOTE: My "Mac" version> Mac 10.8.3 OS X (CORRECTION: Mac 10.8.5)
Last edited by Miriam Zhivago on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miriam Zhivago

Re: Viewers Quit Working

Post by Miriam Zhivago »

Just performed a clean install of Firestorm Beta and was able to log in. Looks good so far. Will try this, but if anyone has any suggestions about logging in with Singularity, please let me know. I tried logging in manually a few times with the clean install, but I kept getting an error window, saying it was unable to get the login information, or something along that line, even though I typed it in the "Grid Manager."
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Miriam,

Are you entering the login information from the bottom of your account's Settings page? http://www.kitely.com/settings
Miriam Zhivago

Post by Miriam Zhivago »

Hi Ilan, I entered in this info> http://osgrid.kitely.com:8002 Will check out the page you mentioned. : )

Also, correction needed> Operating a Mac 10.8.5
Miriam Zhivago

Post by Miriam Zhivago »

Ilan, Am I to enter my UName & Pwd in the Grid Manager section? I did enter my Uname in the bottom where you log in.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

In Firestorm, the user login info can be entered at the bottom of the login screen:
1) Select Kitely in the "Log into Grid" selection menu.
2) Enter the username and password we give you in your Kitely account Settings page (when you press the "Show viewer login details" link): http://www.kitely.com/settings
Miriam Zhivago

Post by Miriam Zhivago »

Yes, I am entering that at the bottom of the viewer, Ilan, but I still can not get in. I also entered the Kitely login URI in the Grid Manager. But nothing. I am getting the following error message, "Unable to connect to Kitely. Unsupported Protocol." Doest this info help?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Have you tried using Kitely Plugin to see if it can correctly configure your viewer? If it can then that may help us define what the problem is that is preventing you from manually logging in via the viewer.
Miriam Zhivago

Post by Miriam Zhivago »

I just installed the Kitely Plugin, Ilan. Thought I had downloaded it before, but perhaps I deleted it by mistake somehow. I did try to log into Singularity with it, but with no success. Did a clean install with Firestorm Beta tonight and was able to log in with it with no problems. It worked great at first, but then started to lag a bit again. So, I am hoping to get Singularity working again.

UPDATE: I just noticed that the only viewer allowed on the Kitely Plugin option is "Imprudence." It is the only selection I see. Did not see Singularity. The graphics in Imprudence don't work well with Mac.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Miriam,

Kitely Plugin uses a whitelist of viewer file names that it searches for in those viewers' default installation directories. If you install them in different places then it won't be able to find them and it won't show them as options in the Settings page.

See: http://www.kitely.com/startviewers