Understanding Kitely Prices

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Sherrie Melody

Re: Understanding Kitely Prices

Post by Sherrie Melody »

Kitely needs to use this table in their services page, replacing all the related text with this one simple table. Much easier to figure out at a glance what you want or need.
These users thanked the author Sherrie Melody for the post (total 3):
Deuce HalseyOzwell WayfarerFreda Frostbite
Freda Frostbite

Post by Freda Frostbite »

I so agree with Sherrie! This chart is much, much clearer than all the words on the Kitely page.
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Failing that, what we might do is place a version of the chart on one of our own blogs, hopefully with an easy-to-remember web address. Then we could point people there as well as to the official version on the Kitely site.

People vary in how they most easily absorb information. Some like words, some like charts and tables, some like numbers. So a variety of presentation methods can help.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Deuce Halsey
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

Dot Matrix wrote:Failing that, what we might do is place a version of the chart on one of our own blogs, hopefully with an easy-to-remember web address. Then we could point people there as well as to the official version on the Kitely site.

People vary in how they most easily absorb information. Some like words, some like charts and tables, some like numbers. So a variety of presentation methods can help.
This is entirely true. Every different way that the Kitely pricing policies can be explained will probably help somebody come to terms with those policies and help someone make an informed decision on whether to use Kitely services. If people could propagate that table, or their own version of it in their blogs that would be good. It will also be helpful if the official Kitely website also contained the pricing information in a similar tabular format. Exactly how the tabular information would be presented on the Kitely website would have to be up to Oren and Ilan.
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

kinda, sorta following this...so is that latest graphic all correct now? if so i will add it to my kitely blog, over there..or, over here;

http://minethere.blogspot.com/2013/06/kitely-grid.html

and on which I just did some slight changes in that blog's format...which I kinda like-))

btw, plusing it or otherwise also helps spread the word, just fyi for those to whom that may not have occurred-))
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

As part of our planned website update we intend to create a new homepage and a new services page. We'll evaluate how to best present the various options when we get there. The problem is that while some people find tables to be very convenient others have trouble understanding them. We also need to keep in mind that the page needs to be short (much shorter than it is now) or people will not bother reading it.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Selby Evans
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

I would agree with those above who noted that some people like text, and some people like side-by-side visual comparisons like charts. Heck, there could even be a video! Or an animation! Or puppet theatre! Whatever it takes. :D
These users thanked the author Serene Jewell for the post (total 2):
Danko WhitfieldFreda Frostbite
Danko Whitfield

Post by Danko Whitfield »

one thing i noticed on the most recent post of the chart...a Premium account is credited with 100,000 prims.

I'm on one of the grandfathered plans so I haven't really studied the new plans but I believe that a Premium account holder's max prims would be either 200,000 or 500,000 depending on whether they used the five worlds they get with their account as a 2x2 world and a single region world or as five separate worlds.
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Ilan Tochner wrote:As part of our planned website update we intend to create a new homepage and a new services page. We'll evaluate how to best present the various options when we get there. The problem is that while some people find tables to be very convenient others have trouble understanding them. We also need to keep in mind that the page needs to be short (much shorter than it is now) or people will not bother reading it.
1. The only people who start by talking prices are those selling commodities, things that are essentially indistinguishable on other dimensions. If you have a product that is distinguishable on other characteristics, you first tell people what you have to offer.

2. On first encounter, your visitors may not be in the mood to buy. There are lots of Opensim grids. If they are looking for alternative to SL, they are probably wanting to evaluate Kitely among others. You have a free explore option. People can get a regular account and stay away from that "free" world--it is not free for long and seems to some like Bait and Switch. Why not emphasize the free explorer mode and quit talking about that "free" world that will cost people 20 cents an hour soon.

3. At no cost, new people can visit many worlds, chat with many people, find some place where they can have a free apartment or a free sandbox just by joining a group. The can buy clothes or whole avatars with their money (without any commitment to Kitely). They can even take that stuff somewhere else on the Hypergrid, if they get it exportable.

4. At my party, I don't just serve Coor's light (oh God no). I set out what I think people will want. I can't put the Heineken's and the daiquiris, and the campaign and the Seven-Up all in one place, so I play AI. I ask them what they want and send them to the table that suits them. Sort of: "How can we help you? If you want to explore Kitely at no cost you have come to the right place. If you want to get some land where you and all your friends can come and spend as much time as you want, all for one low price, click here. If your want land, lots of land, at the lowest possible cost--land that only costs you when people are using it--click here.

Then the free explorer page would show them the public pages, the event calendar, and whatever else you can offer. Probably mark the events that will concentrate people. "If you can make it to one of these events, that is a good place to find people. Ask them about Kitely."

SE
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post:
Freda Frostbite
Freda Frostbite

Post by Freda Frostbite »

I think I am the person in this group who most recently joined Kitely. I can tell you for sure that I found the pricing important from the very first time I looked at Kitely's web site and that I found it unbelievably confusing. If my good friends from Seanchai Library and Avatar Rep Theater were not already in Kitely, I would never have bothered coming inworld, having been so utterly confused by the pricing structure. Being clear about costs from the get-go really does matter and I believe a chart is the clearest way to accomplish that. Seriously, one of the reasons SL is chewing up the metaverse is that their pricing is absolutely clear from the very first time you look at their website. If Kitely were as clear, I believe Kitely would win out with potential "buyers" every time. Kitely has a LOT of things to offer, but none are as easy to explain in words and pictures as the prices. Why not take advantage of that from the very beginning?
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post (total 2):
Sherrie MelodyShandon Loring