Understanding Kitely Prices

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Constance Peregrine

Re: Understanding Kitely Prices

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Frankly, I do not find the Kitely pricing all that difficult to understand...but, with this caveat...lol...I don't really pay much attention to it, either-))
"2. On first encounter, your visitors may not be in the mood to buy. There are lots of Opensim grids. If they are looking for alternative to SL, they are probably wanting to evaluate Kitely among others. You have a free explore option. People can get a regular account and stay away from that "free" world--it is not free for long and seems to some like Bait and Switch. Why not emphasize the free explorer mode and quit talking about that "free" world that will cost people 20 cents an hour soon. "
That from Selby I really agree with. I don't see it as any bait and switch but I have seen others, often from those with ulterior agendas [you know who u r!!], use it as a negative towards Kitely. The problem with that as there are those who will agree, while at the same time not looking for themselves.

So, appealing to the low attention span that is more and more typical on the net is a good idea..imo...even tho it is rather a copy cat of what the others do, so perhaps some kind of interesting differentiator can be used with it.
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 2):
Ozwell WayfarerSelby Evans
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

I really like what Selby said here...
Then the free explorer page would show them the public pages, the event calendar, and whatever else you can offer. Probably mark the events that will concentrate people. "If you can make it to one of these events, that is a good place to find people. Ask them about Kitely."
I like the idea of an "Explore for free!" page (preferably the home page) to emphasize worlds and activities that are welcoming and free. Then visitors will have a reason to check out the membership info. The world builders are willing to dig around and research for the pricing information I think. But visitors want to get to the fun bits asap. And, from what I've seen on the hunt so far, many worlds are looking good and are ready for more visitors.
These users thanked the author Serene Jewell for the post (total 3):
Ozwell WayfarerSherrie MelodySelby Evans
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Think customer categories instead of vendor categories.
Think "How can I help you," instead of "This is what we have."

You start by talking about what the customer wants. You don't know what the customer wants? Then make a list of common wants and let the customers pick.

Suggested list (incomplete, but anybody can add more)

Explorer mode: I want to see what Kitely has to offer.

Builder mode: I just want to build things and and sell them.

Special community mode: I am interested in one of the following. What have you got to offer? Sailing, racing, building railroads, machinima, art, entertainment, writing, poetry, education, steampunk, BDSM, Gore, roleplaying, etc. ...

Landowner mode: I want to set up a rental place and attract tenants.

I think we can offer selling points on lots of these things.
SE
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post:
Shandon Loring
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Selby Evans wrote:... I think we can offer selling points on lots of these things.
But not all on the same official Kitely main page if it is to be short and focused... That is where the difficulty lies.

Perhaps one way round this conundrum is for users to spread the word (as many are already doing) on their own blogs etc, focusing on those aspects that particularly interest them and their friends.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Danko Whitfield
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Serene Jewell wrote:I would agree with those above who noted that some people like text, and some people like side-by-side visual comparisons like charts. Heck, there could even be a video! Or an animation! Or puppet theatre! Whatever it takes. :D
Seanchai Library has made a couple videos for our SL guests to help intro them to Kitely. We are planning to do a few more (and refine and 'pretty up' the ones we already made). We are also using the idea of an 'easy to remember' URL that Dot suggests.
http://bit.ly/Seanchai (Then the SEANCHAI IN KITELY tab)

We are working on more videos, admittedly a bit Seanchai Library centric, but will be addressing topics such as the pricing scheme and world building options.

The videos we have up right now can certainly stand some refinement, but we just needed to get something up and fast!

And of course Caledonia has us Facebooking too!

[and now for the shameless self-promoting comment.. Our first Live Voice storytelling will be this coming Friday, you can see details and all future schedules and such at the above link to our blog. We will be posting Forum Events later today. And I welcome any promotion suggestions you might have. Hope to see you there!]

p.s. "Seanchai" (pronounced Shawn-a-key) is a traditional Irish storyteller.
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 2):
Dot MatrixConstance Peregrine
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Selby Evans wrote: Think "How can I help you,"
You start by talking about what the customer wants. You don't know what the customer wants? Then make a list of common wants and let the customers pick.
I envision something like this.. (forgive if I've got it wrong Selby, I can delete the pic.)
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post:
Selby Evans
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Shandon Loring wrote:
Selby Evans wrote: Think "How can I help you,"
I envision something like this..
Shandon, that is exact what I had in mind. SE
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post:
Shandon Loring
Freda Frostbite

Post by Freda Frostbite »

I want to add that last night there were several newcomers inworld. They were very confused about pricing and prims and whatnot. OOseppi tried to help them and so did I. (Our efforts were somewhat unsuccessful due to a number of limiting factors, not the least of which being that our new friends had limited voice capabilities). Eventually, I think they got hold of Ilan. As Kitely grows, getting hold of Ilan will not be a reasonable solution for every confused noob. Ilan is wonderful but he is only one man in one av. He has to sleep some time, dontchaknow? So Kitely really does need a revised pricing page. I think some combination of the chart and Selby's idea could be a great start.

Ilan and Oren, I used to be a theatrical director and choral conductor. I am all too aware that sometimes too much input is not helpful. I hope you will tell us when we need to shut up. You are doing an amazing job with Kitely and I am soooo impressed with how you both respond to issues pointed out by residents, Thanks for listening as we kvetch.

And here is a great big thumbs up: It absolutely amazes me that the new residents found me through the forums. That means the forums are working as they are meant to work. I will always be willing to help where I can and was really very pleased to give my time. But what really impressed me was that the forums worked as communities are supposed to. YAY!
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post:
Shandon Loring
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Ilan is wonderful but he is only one man in one av. He has to sleep some time, dontchaknow?
is not, and can't.......

[translated from miney talk, means....Ilan is not one man, and he can't sleep] :mrgreen: :lol:
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Freda Frostbite wrote:Ilan and Oren, I used to be a theatrical director and choral conductor. I am all too aware that sometimes too much input is not helpful. I hope you will tell us when we need to shut up. You are doing an amazing job with Kitely and I am soooo impressed with how you both respond to issues pointed out by residents, Thanks for listening as we kvetch.
Seconded!