Re: Inventory folder size limit set to 1000 items

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

Yes, links count as part of the limit.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post:
Veritas McMaster
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

I recently hit the 1000 item limit in my Objects folder, spent some time organizing, moving stuff out of the main folder into subfolders, and the stuff that had disappeared reappeared.
These users thanked the author Mike Lorrey for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerVeritas McMaster
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

thx ilan for pointing this out, ive got loads of subsinthesubsoof thesubs O.o also,
good organized inventory (or at least four fifht lol) is a good start for everyhing in our vw
i really donno how i should 'count' 1000 honestly...
so i ll keep doing xtra subfolders =)
ive known pple like u pointed out, that just 'add & add' like a heap of clutter (ugly said hehe),
and no idea what they havingin inventory anymore
'renaming' and at least 'clear foldernames' help alot, everyone in their own language & system etc
ps : if they dont 'show', where do we 'see' then them plz ? or 'how' we see them ? (for pple who do ? if so asks me ican help them then too)
thxies
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Chris,

If your folder has more than 1000 items then some of them won't be downloaded by the viewer. To see those items you have to remove some items from the folder in order to clear space for the viewer to download more items. One way to do this is to delete unneeded items from that folder. Another way is to move some items to another folder, such as a subfolder which has less than 1000 items inside it.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Chris NamasteVeritas McMasterMike Lorrey
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:44 pm
Hi Chris,

If your folder has more than 1000 items then some of them won't be downloaded by the viewer. To see those items you have to remove some items from the folder in order to clear space for the viewer to download more items. One way to do this is to delete unneeded items from that folder. Another way is to move some items to another folder, such as a subfolder which has less than 1000 items inside it.
This has worked reliably for me, and, now that Kitely has reimplemented the code that puts your mesh uploads material textures into a subfolder named after the mesh name, your texture folder won't get rapidly filled if you are a regular creator.
Ilan made another good suggestion a few weeks ago at the community meeting: all the non-default folders below the trash folder (other than the kitely market folder) should be put into a folder called something like "stuff" . This reducing of the total number of top level folders in your inventory makes the inventory load fast when you log in as well as making teleports smoother and faster. Do the same with your My Suitcase folder as well: make a new folder below "trash" and put all the folders below the trash folder into the new folder. This smooths your hypergridding a lot.
These users thanked the author Mike Lorrey for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerMichael TimelessJerralyn Franzic