Educator meetup?

Using virtual worlds for education
Graham Mills

Re: Educator meetup?

Post by Graham Mills »

Reminder: meeting TODAY at 2pm PDT/9pm GMT/10pm BST. As this session is an opportunity for 60 min of unfocused chat between OpenSim educators I've called the new region/world Babble. You will be able to access it via the Kitely map or via Hypergrid location grid.kitely.com:8002:babble. Hope to see you there!
Graham Mills wrote:Now Kitely is hypergrid-enabled I'm toying with the idea of hosting an informal meetup at 14:00 PDT/22:00 BST on the last Sunday of each month. That means the first meetup would be on 25th May, i.e. next Sunday. There's no agenda although subsequent meetings might include visiting one or more regions and/or having brief talks. Maybe a pecha kucha session where multiple folk tell us either what they're doing or what they want to do? A session based on gizmos, teaching strategies, etc.? Whatever, your call.

Anyway, put the date in your diary if interested -- I'll announce a location nearer the time.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Graham Mills

Next Educator meetup

Post by Graham Mills »

Although the attendance was modest, it was very high value both in terms of technical expertise and accumulated knowledge of the platform and its evolution. Hopefully everyone present got something from the meetup and it was agreed to hold the next one on the use of sound to enhance educational builds. This will take place on June 29th at the same time ( 2pm PDT/9pm GMT/10pm BST). Part of the meeting will see Aaron Griffiths demonstrating how sound became an integral aspect of the design of one of his most recent builds. Hope you can join us!
Graham Mills wrote:Reminder: meeting TODAY at 2pm PDT/9pm GMT/10pm BST. As this session is an opportunity for 60 min of unfocused chat between OpenSim educators I've called the new region/world Babble. You will be able to access it via the Kitely map or via Hypergrid location grid.kitely.com:8002:babble. Hope to see you there!
Graham Mills wrote:Now Kitely is hypergrid-enabled I'm toying with the idea of hosting an informal meetup at 14:00 PDT/22:00 BST on the last Sunday of each month. That means the first meetup would be on 25th May, i.e. next Sunday. There's no agenda although subsequent meetings might include visiting one or more regions and/or having brief talks. Maybe a pecha kucha session where multiple folk tell us either what they're doing or what they want to do? A session based on gizmos, teaching strategies, etc.? Whatever, your call.

Anyway, put the date in your diary if interested -- I'll announce a location nearer the time.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Ramesh Ramloll
Ghaelen DLareh

Re: Educator meetup?

Post by Ghaelen DLareh »

Graham,

I was late to the gathering, but I enjoyed it immensely! The conversation was focused and the depth of knowledge was impressive (except for mine, of course). It was inspiring to share ideas with fellow educators. I look forward to seeing everyone again.
These users thanked the author Ghaelen DLareh for the post (total 2):
Graham MillsConstance Peregrine
A Curative Poison (a metaverse story)

De Landria Rising Market

The De Landria Project