New avatar, same name

Support for buying and delivering products from Kitely Market to non-Kitely grids
Jayde Waters
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New avatar, same name

Post by Jayde Waters »

I recently made a purchase of some items to be transferred to a new grid. Unfortunately, the owner had to delete our initial avatars and remake them, so I wanted to re-purchase the items for my new avatar. The new avatars have the same name, but obviously a different identification number (forgot what those are called lol). Because of this, I'm getting a delivery error message . I don't see a way to 'reset' the list. Please advise.

Thank you.
Oren Hurvitz

Re: New avatar, same name

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

Hi Jayde,

I deleted the foreign avatars' information from Kitely. Please try again; the delivery should work now.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post (total 2):
Carlos Loffstrannik zipper
strannik zipper

Post by strannik zipper »

Please do the same for me - I need to go shopping!

I am having the exact same problem. We had to migrate our grid to a new server/instance/etc. and my avatar has the same name, but a different UUID. I need to have mine deleted (strannik zipper from piratesatoll.com:9032), so that I can complete some purchases.

Since this is likely to be a constant problem with opensimulator, it might be nice to be able to add/delete one's avatar in addition to being able to add/delete the grid.

Thanks,

strannik
strannik zipper

Post by strannik zipper »

Alternately, if this cannot be done quickly, is it possible for my Kitely avatar to buy an exportable item and just give it to my av on a different (hyper)grid?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi strannik zipper,

As per your request, references to your foreign avatar have been deleted from our system. Please change the Deliver To in the shopping cart to Other Grid, delete the Avatar Name, then type in the avatar name to force the system to get your new avatar UUID from your grid.

After you do this, please confirm you can now buy items for your avatar.