IN-WORLD Event Publishing System

Stores, items and deals
Dundridge Dreadlow

IN-WORLD Event Publishing System

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

You may (hopefully) have seen the Event Display Boards at Kitely Welcome Center and possibly something very similar in a few forum posts by me and one or two others :) Finally I can reveal a bit more on some of what I've been working on :D

I am just releasing this week the first version of the events publishing board to the general population, be very nice to it, it's still new. This is an in-world system, so it has been designed to be as easy to use as possible. Place it where you want the event to be, and start filling in the information. To help you out, it will auto-generate textures directly from the world page.

Hopefully you'll want to replace the auto-generated texture as quickly as possible with your own 512x128 image on the internet :)

Naturally it displays more than one useful timezone for you to see(which also gives an idea of how far apart two places in the world actually are), plus a countdown of how long before the event for those who can't get their heads round timezones :) The fun thing.. this generates and uses textures BOTH in world and on the forums (or elsewhere if you ask nicely, there is an API) so you can display the image, the link, the world page (click to teleport in world) and link to a forum post with extra information on your event... Oh, and it generates the forum code to do that automatically and updates in real time, so it's always fresh information :D

The truly sharp eyed of you may notice that the texture size is 512x128 on the forums, yet the in-world images are higher quality, and so is the in-world text. This feature required an enhanced texture generation engine capable of seamlessly and automatically working in multiple resolutions and was added on Ilans request. This helps reduce fuzzy textures on older computers having anisotropic filtering disabled and just, well, looks better :D The ability to display HD textures on the in-world board is however, only available on request.

The boards are set to work as display units and publishing units, so any of YOUR own events can shown on the board. If you plan on putting multiple boards next to each other, just hit "Close" on the main menu, the darn thing is quite complex.

The larger in-world boards will be made available shortly, and will have the ability to display local events (ie, yours), ongoing events and the main ones. I'm also planning on adding an app for my range of in-world computers to display events as well... Just to let you know, the signature on my profile uses the same technology...
These users thanked the author Dundridge Dreadlow for the post (total 10):
Ilan TochnerMarstol NitelyConstance PeregrineDot MatrixGhaelen DLarehCarlos LoffFreda FrostbiteMin TigerpawShandon LoringOzwell Wayfarer
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Carlos Loff

Re: IN-WORLD Event Publishing System

Post by Carlos Loff »

Dundrige, if this board backwards counter function can resume time when a region starts up and updates the counting since the region was off (unvisited), so it always shows real time missing, than you may well have solved a MAJOR problem for a huge crowd of people that needed an accurate time counter for rentals

Does the counter work like that ???
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Dundridge Dreadlow

there are easier ways Carlos :) I do apologise in being a bit lazy about telling people just how much tech I have access to :D There's also a lot of hidden experimental stuff I hardly ever mention.

I was actually thinking about having a population counter on the board when the event is live and auto-posting popular events summaries..
These users thanked the author Dundridge Dreadlow for the post:
Carlos Loff
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

This is very cool. Thanks for all your work on this DD.
These users thanked the author Serene Jewell for the post:
Dundridge Dreadlow
Dundridge Dreadlow

I've just finished uploading the large boards to the marketplace.

As promised, this will allow you to display a choice between your own and public events, ongoing events and allow you to step through events, so place more than one and you can display a whole lot more events.

In-World HD texture display and ongoing events are available on request only - just create your event and ask nicely :D
Did I miss anything ? Just let me know :)

To access the owner controls, just click the top bit where it says "click for more/picture for teleport".
These users thanked the author Dundridge Dreadlow for the post (total 3):
Marstol NitelyDot MatrixOzwell Wayfarer
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

I was testing the new large display board inworld a few hours ago. It works very nicely indeed -- lots of options. Thank you, Dundridge!
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineDundridge Dreadlow
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Hi I bought this long time ago and Im now trying it but it does not seam to work for me

I razzed it ohm my land and touched it and only displays the original event already closed

Reseted scripts but it stills the same

When I edit I only get non modify script inside

How can I configure this board for my events ???

Thanks in advance
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Ok, already discovered how to use it, I have to touch the board legs and not central poster, everything is ok now, cheers
These users thanked the author Carlos Loff for the post (total 3):
Constance PeregrineDundridge DreadlowShandon Loring
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Nice system Dundridge, thank you for making it available.
I guess I need a little more instruction on it though... is there a help notecard or something? I put an event on it for Seanchai Library and made it Public, but I don't see it showing up on the board at the Welcome Center.
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post:
Dot Matrix
Moonrise Azalee

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

Hello, I got both of these boards and can not quite figure out how to use them. The goal was to have a board in my welcome center showing upcoming events - not just mine but anything publicly shared. Perhaps I do not understand the Event methods in Kitely or how to correlate events inworld in a way that they appear on the board. Any help is appreciated.