We now support the Hypergrid with strong content protections

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Freda Frostbite

Re: We now support the Hypergrid with strong content protect

Post by Freda Frostbite »

We ran into the same situation when I uploaded an oar from Spirit Paths. That was not urgent, but even contented created by us did not upload. I wrote it off as a learning experience. I don't gather you have that option.
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post:
Your Teacher
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

The system currently doesn't increase your permissions when you import an object, this means it doesn't grant you transfer and copy permissions for objects that don't have that permissions in the OAR file you uploaded. We do this because the permissions contained in the OAR file state that you shouldn't be allowed to copy and/or transfer those objects and allowing you to create an OAR file from them gives you an easy way to both copy the objects (by uploading the OAR file multiple times) and transferring them (by giving the OAR file to someone else).

OAR files created in Kitely prevent you from exporting such no-copy / no-transfer objects in the first place unless they have an explicit export permission form Kitely Market. This means that any OAR file created inside Kitely will only include objects that can be exported from Kitely again. The problem is with OAR files created outside Kitely that may contain objects for which you were not given transfer and copy permission. Those OAR files are problematic from a content licensing perspective. You are basically using objects in a way that the permission in the OAR file doesn't permit you to. The best solution for that is to make sure that any OAR files you upload into Kitely either came from Kitely or only contain objects that can be both copied and transfered. You can use the standard OpenSim Archive permission filtering switch to do so or load that OAR file into sim-on-a-stick, give yourself god-mode privileges and change the permissions of all the objects in the build to include copy+transfer permissions.

See this link for an explanation of available OpenSim Archive options: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OpenSim_Archives

P.S. I removed your duplicate comment in the blog.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Selby Evans
Your Teacher

Post by Your Teacher »

Thanks Ilan, but it's stranger than that. The items I wasn't able to export were exactly the same permissions as the items that did export, the only difference seems to be that the items that didn't export were in my inventory from an earlier upload (before the permissions issue was sorted for OAR uploads and they ended up created by some unknown avatar). :?: I'm going to try to delete them from my inventory and then attempt another export. :idea: I will report back to you.

@Freda - It could be that I'll just have to take the hit, and rebuild the missing bits when I reload the Academy, but I am a stubborn cuss, so I will try to get to the bottom of this one.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

The permissions that are required to export items via Export World also rely on the creator name, you can always export all the items which you fully created via OAR files (it doesn't matter whether the items are in your inventory or not). Items which you aren't the creator of follow the logic that is explained here: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... rmissions/
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

hello Leo, you wrote
but they have full permissions, they all belong to me (they were imported from an OAR file)
I am assuming that the problem its not the permissions but that the items turned to be created from "unknown". In the past, when uploading an OAR (even when you were the creator of all pieces), the ownership of the items was assigned to the owner of the region. All OAR objects that were rezzed on the ground when you exported your OAR made no problems, but anything inside the content of an object i.e. scripts or textures or other objects inside were assigned to "unknown" because opensim was not able to assign those items to the land owner.

Kitely fixed that problem somewhen in Spring this year. Now all items in an OAR will be assigned to the land owner (you).

Now if you repackaged some of those items: Creator Unknown and Owner Unknown they will block the export of the new OAR. The only I believe that you can do its to re-upload the old OAR so that all the objects belong to you.
These users thanked the author Isis Ophelia for the post:
Carlos Loff
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello