Region controls not working?

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Region controls not working?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

To clarify, what happens in SL if the region setting for damage is off and it is on for the parcel?
Iain McCracken

Post by Iain McCracken »

Ilan Tochner wrote:"The setting is damage *off* in the region controls, and has been since it turned on and refused to be turned off." <== What do you mean by this part. Is it on or off?
Here's my experience in SL:
(1) The "allow damage" checkbox controls the region damage setting. When selected, damage is on for the region, and when unselected, there is no damage enabled anywhere on the region, no matter what the parcel settings are.
(2) The parcel's "safe" checkbox, when selected, overrides the region damage setting, making the parcel safe no matter what the region setting. When unselected, the region damage setting holds.

If both checkboxes are unselected, the parcel is safe (no damage).

However, on the sim in question in Kitely, damage is on in the region. The "allow damage" checkbox has no effect -- damage is on in the region, no matter what. I have logged off, waited 10 minutes, logged back on to verify (to get around the Firestorm bug). If the parcel override is unselected, people get killed and teleported home (I have no idea whether the die-and-go-home is done in the client or the server).

For now, making the parcel safe is a workaround.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you for the additional information Iain.