What Products are Missing on Kitely ???

Post requests for goods or services
Marstol Nitely

Re: What Products are Missing on Kitely ???

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Hi Roxy - I've been looking for some inspiration for my next build and you may have just given it to me. I can't get started right away because my computer had a meltdown and is in need of parts and repair. I'm using a throw-away laptop that a friend gave me in the mean time. I could probably get started on making them in a week or so, but there's still the problem of scripting and animation. I'll ask around about those. Can't promise anything, but I will try.
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerOzwell WayfarerDot Matrix
Ozwell Wayfarer

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

Like I said, I totally feel your pain. There are lots of things I wish I had over here. While I can build most things, complex scripting and animating is something I find very frustrating.

I really think your best chance would be to get your group in SL to ALL (or as many as possible) to message a creator of such items en masse, saying that your community would like to move out to Kitely, would they consider listing a few items up on the Kitely Market? One person can easily be dismissed, but 10-20+ people together would have a much greater impact I think.

I can understand if you dont want to do that, but I certainly thing that is your best bet for getting a decent result.
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

I've just been chatting with an HG visitor to the KWC who has made both acoustic and electric guitars on his own grid. He will try to get in touch with Roxy.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansOzwell Wayfarer
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

That's great Dot. You should see if he will put them on the Market. I'd be interested in buying something like that. In the meantime, it's back to the drawing board for inspiration. If anybody has any ideas drop me an IM - Please!
Roswenthe Blackwell

Post by Roswenthe Blackwell »

Roxy Gellar wrote:one of my favorite musicians suggested this... it's a SL program. But maybe exportable?

http://qavimator.org/
I have a guitar animation I sent to Marstol.

If you use a program, I'd recommend Daz 3D over QAvimator. It's way better in general, and isn't specific to SL.
Handy Low

Post by Handy Low »

Roxy Gellar wrote:one of my favorite musicians suggested this... it's a SL program. But maybe exportable?

http://qavimator.org/
Wow, I didn't know that was back under development - it was the first animation program I used.

Unless something weird has changed, it works fine with OpenSim as well as SL. Effectively, there's no difference between the two in terms of creating animations.
These users thanked the author Handy Low for the post:
Dot Matrix
Handy Low
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

And it's available for Mac and Linux as well as Windows! :)
Roswenthe Blackwell

Post by Roswenthe Blackwell »

Handy Low wrote:Effectively, there's no difference between the two in terms of creating animations.
There is quite a bit of difference between them in terms of use and options. Both are free, and both have Win/Mac versions, so that's not really an issue.

I would say qAvimator is good for static poses, and is easier to use. If you want to do any kind of motion in your animation, Daz 3D is far superior. Daz has a sort of movie-making studio for animations that lets you measure in detail the motion of the animation.
These users thanked the author Roswenthe Blackwell for the post:
Carlos Loff
Handy Low

Post by Handy Low »

Roswenthe Blackwell wrote:
Handy Low wrote:Effectively, there's no difference between the two in terms of creating animations.
There is quite a bit of difference between them in terms of use and options. Both are free, and both have Win/Mac versions, so that's not really an issue.
I'm talking about the difference between creating animations for SL and for OpenSim. I think you're talking about something else (QAvimator vs Daz3d, perhaps?).
Handy Low
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Roxy Gellar wrote:As far as going through the trouble of contacting SL creators and hoping for the best? I think it was said earlier that one individual isn't going to hold much sway.

I feel like Chicken Little, "The guitars are needed! The guitars are needed." I still have faith in a SL creator's interest in Kitely and Kitely creators eventually stepping up.

Heck at this point, I'll give it a try myself and put off my world until I see some tangible results from someone in the picture. Maybe IF SL 1.0 goes away people will sing a different tune?

Until that time, this may be the Universal reply for SL. A shame, he makes some fine looking instruments.

[08:26] Supershine Zapedzki: (Saved Mon 22 Sep 2014 06:54:42) sorry but it's really not worth my while going into these other grids as the numbers are so small...i have already looked into it
[08:26] Supershine Zapedzki: (Saved Mon 22 Sep 2014 06:55:48) i'd also have to build the guitars from scratch and also i don't own the animations either so just would not be worth it...sorry
[08:28] Roxy Roller (roxygellar): Disappointing but understandable, Super.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/33063/
Hi I will send you some guitars I found ob HG in case they are transfer

But I don't know if you are aware that there is a Guitar Museum World at Kitely, here - http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/odd ... tar-Museum

Hope I helped, cheers
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups