Anytime Instructors Needed for Kitely Plaza Volunteer Initia

Using virtual worlds for education
Bladyblue Bommerang

Anytime Instructors Needed for Kitely Plaza Volunteer Initia

Post by Bladyblue Bommerang »

THIS PROGRAM WILL LAUNCH IN MAY, 2013

Kitely Plaza is the official Kitely community center. Here you can find people who will be happy to introduce you to Kitely and help you get started.

This world is being actively built by members of the Kitely user community and many things are still under construction.
-Designing Using Mesh
-Changing the look of your avatar
-Scripting
-How to use a shoutcast server in Virtual worlds
-Database use in virtual worlds
-Importing

....and whatever else you can think of.

The instructors choose the time for their class and add it to the Kitely Plaza Google Calendar (http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?sr ... Z2xlLmNvbQ). Instructors receive a scripted class sign-up prim that they add to the class wall in the Greeter Hangout. Students will touch the sign-up prim to register for the class and access the Google calendar to save the time and date of the class. Instructors can come to the Greeter Hangout at anytime and check to see how many students registered for the class they are teaching.
Greeter ClubHouse.JPG
To become an Instructor just leave me a message here, or e-mail me at bladyblue@gmail.com.

Check out the Kitely Plaza Greeter hangout here: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Ila ... tely-Plaza
Bladyblue Bommerang

Re: Anytime Instructors Needed for Kitely Plaza Volunteer In

One person is going to start teaching clothing design using Gimp later this summer. That's a great start! But we still want to get at least 8 more instructors on board soon. You can teach your first class anytime you want. Below is how you get started:

All you need to do is give me a Google e-mail address for yourself (make one up for this if you like) and I grant you privileges to edit the Class Schedule Online Calendar so you can post your classes when you like. Then I would send you an invite to the groups 'Kitely Plaza' and 'Learning Group'. The Kitely Plaza Group is administrative and allows you the ability to rez items within Kitely Plaza. The Learning Group is an open-enrollment group all residents interested in furthering their virtual education can join. It's good to send a notice to The Learning Group when your class is starting if you have any empty seats available.

You will also receive a scripted prim from me that you will texture with the name of the class you are offering and then place the prim on the wall where we offer classes in the Greeter Hangout in Kitely Plaza. The residents interested in taking your class will touch the prim and their name will be saved on a list within a script in the prim. You can come by anytime and ask the device to list the student's names (say 4/list while standing within 10 meters of the prim. Donated by Dennis Albion.). This way you can introduce yourself to your students prior to the class and remind them when the class is starting.

I know we have some folks out there that can teach basic building for an hour. Hit me up! :mrgreen:
These users thanked the author Bladyblue Bommerang for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Bladyblue - I'm hoping to be able to do some classes after I'm done with the medical stuff. Right now I'm not reliable enough.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post:
Bladyblue Bommerang
Bladyblue Bommerang

Ada thanks for responding! This is all preliminary planning - just getting the band together! And everyone is independent and gives classes when they want and how often they want. Thanks for throwing your hat into the ring. I'll throw you some tags so you stay up on how the planning is going.
Coco Boccaccio

Post by Coco Boccaccio »

Hello, i can give basic autodesk maya classes for mesh design and improving avatar appearance
These users thanked the author Coco Boccaccio for the post:
Bladyblue Bommerang
Bladyblue Bommerang

That would be fantastic Coco. I will add you to the Learning Group later today. We will be moving forward with this initiative within the next two weeks.