Media on Prim

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Sean Andrews

Media on Prim

Post by Sean Andrews »

Hey!
I am trying to load a YouTube page onto a prim. I select the face, turn it from material to media, choose the website and apply it. The prim stays the wood color and does not display the website. However I can reach the link by clicking "open URL in browser" in the toolbar that shows up over the prim. Any idea how I can fix this and get the face to display the website? Thanks!

~Sean
Marstol Nitely

Re: Media on Prim

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Hi Sean,

In addition to a browser that works with MOAP (Firestorm, Singularity), you also need a plugin depending on your platform to see YouTube videos. Here's a link that covers MOAP in SL and pretty much applies here too: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Engl ... _an_object
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post:
Sean Andrews
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

I just sent you a full perm "YouTube test screen" that already has YouTube MOAP working. Might help you trouble shoot. Sometimes it's just a matter of logging out and back in again.
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post (total 3):
Carlos LoffRobert StanleySean Andrews
Sean Andrews

Post by Sean Andrews »

Hey Marstol,

Thanks for the YouTube test screen, but I am still having no luck. I am already using the Singularity Viewer. On the test screen there is a blue side and a grey side, and there is no address in the tool bar. When I click on "open URL in Browser" it takes me to the "Imagine Dragons" video. I downloaded Adobe Flash player, but still nothing on the prim. You mentioned needing a plugin for my platform, is the platform the viewer or browser I am using? Any idea what specific plugin I need, or anything else I could try? I really need to get this going, and I really appreciate your help!

Sean
Sean Andrews

Post by Sean Andrews »

Nevermind... I figured it out!!! just had to check some options in preferences under audio and video. Thanks again for your help
These users thanked the author Sean Andrews for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineMarstol Nitely
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Sean Andrews wrote:Hey Marstol,

Thanks for the YouTube test screen, but I am still having no luck. I am already using the Singularity Viewer. On the test screen there is a blue side and a grey side, and there is no address in the tool bar. When I click on "open URL in Browser" it takes me to the "Imagine Dragons" video. I downloaded Adobe Flash player, but still nothing on the prim. You mentioned needing a plugin for my platform, is the platform the viewer or browser I am using? Any idea what specific plugin I need, or anything else I could try? I really need to get this going, and I really appreciate your help!

Sean
I sent you another test poster with Browser on Prim (or MOAP). I think, however, that the problem you are having lies in your settings. I can only advise about Firestorm, as that is what I use. I have no plug-in, though I may have Flash player on my machine. I do find that I have these settings checked in Preferences, Sound & Media:

In the volume control slider set: Media enabled
Allow media to autoplay when entering a region.
Allow inworld scripts to play media.

If this config does not work in Singularity, you may want to try it in Firestorm.
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Glad your were able to solve the problem Sean and thanks for posting your solution. Good to know. :)
Spiral Silverstar

Post by Spiral Silverstar »

Meanwhile, I am Still searching for a decent *Media Player* (NOT media on a prim) for Opensim. I saw a great one in OSgrid, contacted the creator about buying a copy... and got no reply. If anyone has one, or knows where to get one....PLEASE contact me directly. Thanks!
Min Tigerpaw

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

Hi Spiral,
currently I'm on a video-player for OpenSim ... I'm about 80-90% through (was delayed over the last months) and expect to have a beta-version ready end December. Likely then I'll look for people who want to help doing beta-testing to get it debugged fast.
I'll let you know when it is progressed to this state.
It might also help if people post here which features they expect from a decent Media Player :-)

Cheers
Min
Last edited by Min Tigerpaw on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Min Tigerpaw for the post:
Roswenthe Blackwell
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Spiral Silverstar wrote:Meanwhile, I am Still searching for a decent *Media Player* (NOT media on a prim) for Opensim. I saw a great one in OSgrid, contacted the creator about buying a copy... and got no reply. If anyone has one, or knows where to get one....PLEASE contact me directly. Thanks!
excuse my lack of understanding, but what exactly do you need ? playing music? what was the one like you saw in osg?
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...