Content that you created or discovered
Serenity Sinclaire

Post by Serenity Sinclaire »

Does anyone know where we can find quality skins, shapes, and hair that are able to leave Kitely and visit other grids? I got this current one from Sunny but it doesn't get to leave Kitely. I'm fed up with all these restrictions and would prefer to do business with people who create content on the basis of freedom of expression.

If I buy something with my real money then it belongs to me. If I want to take it all over the place, that's my call.

Unfortunately, all the nicer skins come with bs restrictions that make it useless over the metaverse, and the full perms are just hideous junk from people who really need to find another line of work ;-p There are about 3 nice skins available on Kitely Market but useless. The rest...um, no. Just no. :?

Is it at all possible for skin creators to make decent quality skins that can travel well? It's basic stuff, seriously.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Avatar Quest

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Serenity,

Sunny Whitfield has been selling all her Kitely Market items with the Export permissions for a while now, so you should be able to buy exportable versions of her products from our marketplace if you want.

If you have a non-exportable version of one of her products then I guess you bought it before she started selling exportable items.

As for your comment about content ownership. When you buy content online you buy a license to use it in certain ways. If you don't like the license then don't buy the content, but if you do buy it then you are both legally and morally required to follow its licensing terms. My recommendation to you is to vote with your wallet if the license terms aren't to your liking and let the content creator know about it in a respectable manner.
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Two suggestions:

Select the "Export" tick box in the bottom left column before starting your search. That way you can be sure of finding all the items that are export-enabled and can be worn when using the Hypergrid.

If you need to rant, let off steam in a draft then delete those paragraphs before clicking the "Submit" button. Why? Because rants are unlikely to motivate others to help.
Serenity Sinclaire

I checked the market and I used the features correctly...but the ones that came up either failed the export test anyway or were really poor quality.

And I wasn't ranting. I didn't realize I wasn't able to be honest here. I'm not deleting anything. I ranted in one thread a few weeks ago so it seems you're on a track of misinterpreting and perceiving anything I post now as a rant...so the problem would lie with you.

Maybe voting with my wallet will just be how it goes.
Funk Schnook
Has thanked: 0

Post by Funk Schnook »

Serenity Sinclaire wrote:Is it at all possible for skin creators to make decent quality skins that can travel well? It's basic stuff, seriously.
Hi Serenity :) I understand where you're coming from, but as someone who creates skins, I wanted to clear something up.

I don't really expect users to know what goes into skin creation, but decent quality skins are far from "basic stuff". It can take several months to create a high quality skin.
Serenity Sinclaire wrote:I checked the market and I used the features correctly...but the ones that came up either failed the export test anyway or were really poor quality.
I sell exportable versions of everything in my store (you need to pick the exportable version from the variations list). It's possible you looked at my skins and simply didn't like them. That's perfectly fine :) But just in case you missed that they were exportable, here is a link to my store.

Feel free to try a demo: http://www.kitely.com/market?store=3570309
These users thanked the author Funk Schnook for the post:
Dot Matrix
Serenity Sinclaire

ScreenShot005.jpg
ScreenShot005.jpg (6.6 KiB) Viewed 10760 times
They're nice...and I did see them. I also saw this:

so hence the question.

Do they come with the actual shapes?
Funk Schnook
Has thanked: 0

Post by Funk Schnook »

Serenity, you need to pick the exportable version from the variations list :)
fnky_skins_variations.jpg
fnky_skins_variations.jpg (37.7 KiB) Viewed 10758 times
It doesn't come with a shape. You can see what comes with the purchase (and the permissions of each item) in the list of items just below the description.