Where Did All The Content Sites Go?

Content that you created or discovered
Serenity Sinclaire

Where Did All The Content Sites Go?

Post by Serenity Sinclaire »

So I wanted to grab a fresh copy of Linda Kellie's Freebie Mall 2.0 so went to that Zadaroo site and 90% of every single oar file they have is either broken or corrupted and they've not updated that site in over 6 months.

I tried that hideous outworldz.com/phaze something or another and it's a monstrosity trying to find something there - that site needs to be put out of its misery or they need to seriously hire a friggin web designer. Most of those LK files are also corrupted or broken.

So I went to OpenSim Creations and it's history. What happened there?

Are there just no more OS content sites now? Everybody bailed out? Is open sim becoming a ghost town like SL?

I know a lot of people downloaded all these LK resources so if you know a current, updated site that still hosts this content please share a link. If you *have* non corrupted copies of these oars, iars and other content Linda offered up, please share. If you need it hosted somewhere, contact me and I'll host it indefinitely for free so it's not lost forever. Many of you have uploaded to Kitely already. Please consider making the actual oar and iar available.

Or if anyone knows how to contact Linda Kellie, please send me her info and I'll ask her myself.

Thanks.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Where Did All The Content Sites Go?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Serenity,

There is increased activity in Kitely Market and Hypergrid Business reported more than doubling of the site's visitors in the last few weeks so I don't think there is a reduction in the number of OpenSim users.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Serenity Sinclaire wrote:So I wanted to grab a fresh copy of Linda Kellie's Freebie Mall 2.0 so went to that Zadaroo site and 90% of every single oar file they have is either broken or corrupted and they've not updated that site in over 6 months.

So I went to OpenSim Creations and it's history. What happened there?

Are there just no more OS content sites now? Everybody bailed out? Is open sim becoming a ghost town like SL?

or if anyone knows how to contact Linda Kellie, please send me her info and I'll ask her myself.

Thanks.
I just downloaded the english garden oar from zadaroo http://zadaroo.com/?page_id=3809 just to test that at least that one is not broken.

Tim hosts that large collection for free [tho he does ask for donations] and with Linda's blessing. [she transferred the domain to him]

Opensim Creations went down due to some kind of major data loss and Vanish has not been keen to try and rebuild it [he is busy otherwise].

afaik, and we had been well acquainted during the last year or so before she left, Linda is not available. If she is, it would be to a very, very few people and not available to anyone else. Tim would be on that short list if anyone is but he isn't talking.

You could, of course, try emailing him directly with your concerns http://zadaroo.com/?page_id=4326
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Serenity Sinclaire

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Serenity,

There is increased activity in Kitely Market and Hypergrid Business reported more than doubling of the site's visitors in the last few weeks so I don't think there is a reduction in the number of OpenSim users.
Hi Ilan.

The market seems to be doing super well but I was wondering what happened to the freebie content sites, LK and the others. They're harder to find these days. Preferably a link to working non corrupt LK oars and content :)
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

uhoh... just noticed that enerhax.com and simonastick.com are both down "for maintenance". Although ener pretty much stepped away from OpenSim, she has done a good job with soas over the years. Let's hope it's just a blip.
Serenity Sinclaire

I'm compiling a current, updated list of resources - mainly freebies - for a Noob project. I had a number bookmarked but they're either gone, broken, corrupted or convoluted.

Ilan, I had the freebie mall 2.0 uploaded already but recently deleted it. Is there no way to recover it at all?

Tomorrow when I get back in town I will get my external hard drive out of storage where I had all these original files but they were the zip version and not the tgz version. Will those still work? If not, do I just zip it up as a tgz and upload or are there other steps?

I'd like to find all these to redo, fix, or find better versions. Every little bit helps.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We can easily restore an existing world to the state it was in up to 2 weeks in the past but restoring a deleted world is a lot more complicated and isn't something that is included in our service.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Serenity Sinclaire
Serenity Sinclaire

Ilan Tochner wrote:We can easily restore an existing world to the state it was in up to 2 weeks in the past but restoring a deleted world is a lot more complicated and isn't something that is included in our service.

Worth a shot :)
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Graham Mills wrote:uhoh... just noticed that enerhax.com and simonastick.com are both down "for maintenance". Although ener pretty much stepped away from OpenSim, she has done a good job with soas over the years. Let's hope it's just a blip.
Both sites are up now Graham. Must have been a blip. Whew, scared me!