Marketplace ?

Post requests for goods or services
Ilan Tochner

Re: Marketplace ?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Joe,

Please make sure to upload the TAR.GZ (which are sometimes labeled as TGZ) files you download from Linda Kellie's site and not try to extract the TAR files they contain.

You can upload an OAR file or a TGZ file to Kitely but uploading a TAR file won't work.
Junior C. Quest
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Junior C. Quest »

When i download from Linda , the filename comes out XXX.tar , Should i edit it to XXX.tgz or tar.tgz ?

Or should i just upload xxx.tar which comes form linda ?

P.S This is my other Avatar ,Joe Jr
Joe Jr

Post by Joe Jr »

Ok here's my finding, testing 2 browsers Safari and Google Chrome

Safari Browser :

UPLOADING to kitely

TGZ : Problem uploading received corrupted file message at the end of 100% uploading
OAR : No problem uploading went smoothly

Google Chrome

TGZ : No problem uploading went smoothly
OAR : No problem uploading went smoothly
Oren Hurvitz

Problem uploading .tgz files downloaded using Safari

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

The problem is with Safari: after it downloads a .tgz file it automatically extracts it into .tar, and deletes the original file. You can't just rename the file: you have to either rezip it or re-download it.

Now that we understand what's going on, the solution is easy. There are two options:
1. The easier solution is to download the files using a different browser.
2. You can still use Safari if you want to, but then you have to disable this Preferences option: "General > Open "safe" files after downloading". That prevents Safari from automatically extracting the file. However, it also prevents opening other files automatically, such as PDF.

Oren
Joe Jr

Post by Joe Jr »

Yes thats right, The issue is now resolved, everything is working now , just not using the safari for downloading the files at the moment

Thanks guys
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

Minethere Always wrote:
Ohn Lang wrote:Also, not sure if you already have this, but Maria Korolov has a great article on hypergridbusiness for "Where to get content" and it was just recently updated in December. Here's the link: http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2011/0 ... r-opensim/
This is a very good update..ty for pointing me back to it-)) [and i commented to ask her if she would add my RAWs since she added in other for-sale links..lol] we shall see!!
I just noticed that update when i looked at the link to give to Joe. Let us know if she adds your stuff :)
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Ohn Lang wrote:
Minethere Always wrote:
Ohn Lang wrote:Also, not sure if you already have this, but Maria Korolov has a great article on hypergridbusiness for "Where to get content" and it was just recently updated in December. Here's the link: http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2011/0 ... r-opensim/
This is a very good update..ty for pointing me back to it-)) [and i commented to ask her if she would add my RAWs since she added in other for-sale links..lol] we shall see!!
I just noticed that update when i looked at the link to give to Joe. Let us know if she adds your stuff :)
She hasn't yet-)) Some of my comments there don't seem to post for some odd reason and some past later, so I will give it another day or so. I do not assume she doesn't want me to post-)) lol..so I assume it is me being clumsy in posting-))
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

She hasn't yet-)) Some of my comments there don't seem to post for some odd reason and some past later, so I will give it another day or so. I do not assume she doesn't want me to post-)) lol..so I assume it is me being clumsy in posting-))
I have had the same problem on hypergridbusiness. I gave up even trying, LOL. I've seen at least one other person say they had troubles with it too.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Ohn Lang wrote:
I have had the same problem on hypergridbusiness. I gave up even trying, LOL. I've seen at least one other person say they had troubles with it too.
something to do with disqus is my own preferred thinking...i had a similar issue on my own disqus comments section in my blog...so this makes me think it is them, and not Maria moderating to hard-))

eta: it stuck on the second try-)) /me wonders now if Maria will add it to her article...lol [but it is in the comments so that is just fine also] I wouldn't mind making 2-3 of hundred dollars a month doing these raws...would be really helpful in paying bills-))
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...