TOS for a dinosaur world for kids

Using virtual worlds for education
Hans Vet
Has thanked: 0

TOS for a dinosaur world for kids

Post by Hans Vet »

Hi all,
I'm in the midst of developing an educational virtual dinosaur world for kids. One of things I need is a TOS, so I was wondering where I could get an example of one.
Constance Peregrine

Re: TOS for a dinosaur world for kids

Post by Constance Peregrine »

simon burgundy wrote:Hi all,
I'm in the midst of developing an educational virtual dinosaur world for kids. One of things I need is a TOS, so I was wondering where I could get an example of one.

info here; http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2014/0 ... your-grid/
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Selby Evans
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Kayaker Magic

Post by Kayaker Magic »

simon burgundy wrote: an educational virtual dinosaur world for kids.
I have virtual dinosaurs on my Kitely world Panthalassa http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Kay ... anthalassa
Unfortunately, I scripted my hadrosaurs to run away from loud noises, bleed when you shoot them, and die kicking their legs and bleeding more particle system blood. So I had to change the rating on the dinos in the Kitely Market and Panthalassa's rating to Moderate in order to stay within compliance with the TV ratings for kids and blood. Someone suggested that I should make a "general" version of the dinos that bleed cartoon stars when you shoot them. I don't know, the falling over and kicking the legs would still be pretty suggestive.

I scripted the velociraptors to run TOWARDS loud noises, but have not gotten around to scripting them to attack avatars yet. They are still a work in progress, I stuck hadrosaur legs on them until I have time to make proper mesh claws for them. I'll bet dinos that bite will not help get me a "general" rating.
These users thanked the author Kayaker Magic for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansAda Radius
Druth Vlodovic
Has thanked: 0

Post by Druth Vlodovic »

I'm not in favour of sanitizing things too much to fit what adults think is appropriate for kids. If you shoot something (and kids will) it should bleed, not sparkle, seriously, sparkling sends the wrong message.

If you are that concerned about rating it appropriate then just set the dinosaurs to not take damage,then it will be no fun shooting them.

Mind you, when I was a kid one of my favorite shows was mutual of omaha's wild kingdom, which was not shy about showing animals eating animals or mating. Personally I think it is best to show kids the "real world" as much as possible and raised my own that way.

Cruelty and such is another matter entirely. Much that animals do is cruel, but not deliberately so.
These users thanked the author Druth Vlodovic for the post:
Ada Radius