Links often don't work in KM descriptions

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Kayaker Magic

Links often don't work in KM descriptions

Post by Kayaker Magic »

I discovered that many of the links that I put in my Kitely Market product descriptions do not work. I marked them links with the editor that comes up when you "Change description", they show up blue with a line under them there, but no underline in the final product listing, but they do not show the right cursor when you mouse over them in the Marketplace. Here is one example:
https://www.kitely.com/market/product/3 ... ar=3020455
If you try to follow the link in the description to the YouTube video, it does not work, and right near that the link to my Panthalassa page does work. I've looked at both of these with the product editor and they look similar. Why does one of them not work?
Ilan Tochner

Re: Links often don't work in KM descriptions

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Kayaker,

This is by design, links to most third party sites are disabled (the text remains but we remove the href). YouTube.com links are allowed, however. I therefor suggest you replace the youtu.be link you used with that.
Kayaker Magic

Post by Kayaker Magic »

Ilan Tochner wrote:YouTube.com links are allowed, however. I therefor suggest you replace the youtu.be link you used with that.
youtu.be IS a youtube URL. It is something they added a few years ago to make their URLs shorter, so people wouldn't use tinyurl to share YouTube links small enough to fit on a line in email. Recently they have changed the default in the video manager page so when you press the SHARE button, it gives you the youtu.be link instead of the longer one. I can't find a way to get it to give me the longer one any more.

I suggest that YOU add youtu.be to the list of allowed links. Yes, I could edit all my recent descriptions to use the older style YouTube URLs, but I suspect more people are going to have this problem.
These users thanked the author Kayaker Magic for the post:
Selby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Okay, thank you for the heads up. We'll stat accepting that domain name as well in our next site update. That said, I recommend you make the change to your links now so your listings don't remain broken until then.