Timeout - kicked out

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Your Teacher

Timeout - kicked out

Post by Your Teacher »

A couple of times now I have been logged out of Kitely with the following message:-

"You have been logged out of Kitely. Simulator logged you out due to connection timeout." (See attached)

Any ideas?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (115.03 KiB) Viewed 7893 times
Ilan Tochner

Re: Timeout - kicked out

Post by Ilan Tochner »

What were you doing when this happened?

How much time passed since you last moved or typed in anything in the viewer when this happened?
Your Teacher

Post by Your Teacher »

Thanks Ilan.

I wasn't idle at all. When I'm running a session I am chatting all the time, and this time I had literally just stood on the podium.

I think it is a Firestorm issue, as when I logged in using Singularity I was able to continue without any issue.

Actually I'm wondering if there is a general problem with Firestorm, as I have been having lots of problems with voice dropping too.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I haven't encountered any new problems with the 64bit version of Firestorm that I'm using. You can try upgrading to the latest version if that isn't what you're already running.
Your Teacher

Post by Your Teacher »

I have tried everything, latest x64 Firestorm - Singularity and I even downloaded the Alchemy viewer, which let me stay in-world longer, but I still kept losing voice.

Along with voice cutting out every 5 minutes and being kicked out every 30 minutes or so, it is driving me nuts. I've even tried a VPN, but it doesn't like that either.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Have you tried connecting from a different network? Maybe take your laptop to some public wifi spot and see if that changes anything?

Is this happening in your own Kitely world or when visiting other people's worlds?
Your Teacher

Post by Your Teacher »

Thanks for your reply.

To be honest, I sadly don't have much time to visit other worlds, but I tried going into a very mimimal private world of mine that I use for basic building, and the same thing happened.

I've deleted all the different viewers I use, and will try a complete reinstall - cache clear etc. So, fingers crossed.

To be honest, it would be a bit difficult to lug my computer to a cafe, but I will upload Firestorm to my laptop and try.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Please make sure you set "Away timeout" in the viewer's General tab to "Never".
Aedan O'Shae
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Aedan O'Shae »

I recently joined kitely with my wife and we were purchasing sim package and after a day of this same issue (happened 6 times in a 15 minute period) and continued throughout the day --we have timeout set to never, using firestorm and lower graphics settings-- checked by going into other virtual worlds and did not have the issue... also had the issue while using a different network and computer and had the same issue loggin arrive timeout all within seconds. Logged same computer into OS Grid and was able to be inworld the rest of evening. checked back into Kitely after a couple hours same issue. this leads me to believe this is on the server end of kitely. Which is a shame as we were looking forward to partnering with kitely for our VW needs. we have killed our sim and the sad part is we only had it for a day.....
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Aedan,

When you said you went into other virtual worlds where you didn't encounter this problem, do you mean you visited other Kitely worlds where you didn't encounter this timeout issue? Do you get timed out in the Kitely Welcome Center?