History Month in August

Current and upcoming events
Ozwell Wayfarer

Re: History Month in August

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

In light of taking over the Builder's Guild group, there will most definitely be some building events going on based around each weeks theme.
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post:
Serene Jewell
Freda Frostbite

Post by Freda Frostbite »

Just to be clear-- spoke with Serene at some length yesterday and the event is in August.

I have claimed some times for events.

Sundays at 9 am Grid Time there will be some musical history type events. More details will follow.

The ball will be Sunday, the 28th of August at 2 PM Grid Time.

I have spoken with Serene about these times and will add them to the Kitely calendar if no one objects in the next day or two. I am still negotiating times for the literary events I will organize and host.

The ball will be held in the sky at Frostbite Thane World. Hex and I will see to a build there for that event.
Am negotiating with Cookie (Ada and Selby) for locations for music history and (possibly) poetry events. I have a medieval amphitheater on my land and could do some readings there, but there is NOTHING historical really about the rest of the world, so not sure that fits. OTOH, the content of the events would fit the weekly themes, so I am not sure the setting matters much.
Freda
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post:
Serene Jewell
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

This all sounds great. Looking forward to seeing what builds pop up.

Those dates all make sense to me. I so love the idea of period music each week. at least as much as possible. Will be more possible with later time periods I suppose. I DO think setting matters, so whenever we can go authentic let's do so.

And a ball! That sounds really fun! :D
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Here is a G+ community that seems relevant:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities ... 1257390226
I will probably link a few articles there -- others may want to also
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post (total 2):
Freda FrostbiteSerene Jewell
Louis-Francis De_Beauharnois

Post by Louis-Francis De_Beauharnois »

This project look awesome, I'm very thrill about the history part and would like to assist in any way I can.
I'm more into 1600/1700 timeframe (France). I can either propose my sim Kingdom of Florin to host events or could also place some part of it on the history sim.
The palace is fully fonctionnal, lots of rooms and as it is somehow... a modified replica of Versailles it can be easy to add in additionnal art exposition.

To see more about Florin Kingdom:
http://florininkitely.weebly.com/
These users thanked the author Louis-Francis De_Beauharnois for the post (total 4):
Dot MatrixIlan TochnerGraham MillsSerene Jewell
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

That is wonderful, Monsieur De_Beauharnois! I've been to your palace and it is spectacular!
It's here for anyone who wants to visit.

https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Lo ... -of-Florin
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

I have created a Google Doc to help keep track of things. It's at:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lYg ... sp=sharing
These users thanked the author Serene Jewell for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerLouis-Francis De_Beauharnois
Freda Frostbite

I am really excited that all Sunday music history events will be hosted at Cookie 2. These will be 9 am grid time.
8/07 -- Ancient Music
8/14 -- Medieval and Renaissance Music
8/21 -- Baroque and Classical Period Music
8/28 -- Romantic Period Music

Still hoping to hear from some of you who have historical worlds about having literary events at your places. Yes, 18th century France I'm talkin' to you. And you, medieval rp and builder people, you know where to find me too. IM Freda Frostbite inworld or send email to FredaFrostbite@gmail.com

Also, if you are a historical literature or music expert, please let me know. These are my fields of expertise but I would be THRILLED* to have other people do some of or all of these sessions.

* Translate thrilled to extatic, over-the-moon, happy dancing fool
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerLouis-Francis De_Beauharnois
Ghaelen DLareh

Post by Ghaelen DLareh »

I am a little late to the planning (sorry!) because I've spent the last month grading (ha!) and building enough of a medieval monastery to present it at a medieval conference this last weekend. It was well received, and more of my colleagues now see the benefits of using opensimulator technology for studying not only history, but for all the areas mentioned already here (music, social interactions, literature, architecture) as well as agriculture, material culture and women's agency. Huzzah!

I showed them the newest NPC scripts - the polished actions and the bloopers (draft positioning). It was worth doing that last bit, lol. While I build for authenticity and realism, the funnies that happen when the choreography isn't done shows the work that goes into the setting. I have invited them to come to Kitely for the History Month and see more historical builds. (They are very nice folks!). I'm going to try to film some of the builds as well for a compilation video.

My demonstration was on another grid, so I'll bring over the monastery and get the NPC's working here (nuns, patrons, some villagers). I'm hoping the NPC's will give tours :) I'll see if I can set up a 'realistic' area where we can have an event. There will definitely be an oak grove, and the nuns might let us gather in the monastery garden. There will also be smaller events in the church.

I can help with a 'clone yourself into an NPC' workshop in July and get people started with basic movements. I'll have a few costumes to pass around for the cloning. But I'm not an expert by any means, so we might need someone more advanced to help as well.

I do have some ancient music, tons of medieval music, and a shoutcast channel. There will be music playing in the monastery and I'm happy to stream live for any event around the regions or host a fest myself. I'm happy to do a live broadcast once a week for all four weeks. Maybe for an hour or two during the day PST?
These users thanked the author Ghaelen DLareh for the post (total 5):
Constance PeregrineDot MatrixSelby EvansOzwell WayfarerSerene Jewell
A Curative Poison (a metaverse story)

De Landria Rising Market

The De Landria Project
Freda Frostbite

Ghaelen, I'm coming in to find you. LOL