Can't export full perm item in-world

Tips and discussions about using OpenSim
Kayaker Magic

Can't export full perm item in-world

Post by Kayaker Magic »

I tried to give something to someone who wanted to HG out with it.
I marked the object COPY MOD TRANS. I marked all the contents COPY TRANS (a few things were NOMOD). I have her a copy, but when she tries to put it in her My Suitcase folder she gets a message saying "you can't do that because the object is not marked EXPORT".
I thought export was not implemented in-world. I thought Kitely would let you leave with items that are COPY and TRANS. But in this case we are not allowed to put COPY TRANS objects into My Suitcase.
I tried the same thing with my alt and got the same error message.
I tried setting the EXPORT checkmark in-world. It does not appear in the properites of the object in-world. I tried changing the properties in inventory, and clicking the checkbox has no effect.
Strangely, when I look at the properties of different objects in inventory, some of them have export checked, most do not. In either case, I am unable to change the current random value of this bit.
I'm using FireStorm and I downloaded and installed the most recent one and tried again with no luck.
These users thanked the author Kayaker Magic for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerSerene JewellChris Namaste
Ilan Tochner

Re: Can't export full perm item in-world

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Kayaker,

Kitely implements two types of Export controls, ones for items that originated from Kitely Market and one for items that don't include any component that originated from Kitely Market. For items that weren’t purchased from Kitely Market we use the following logic: if the owner of the item has Copy and Transfer permissions for that item then the item is exportable for that avatar. If the owner doesn’t have Copy and Transfer permissions then it’s not exportable. Kitely doesn't use the Export flag that some viewers display so whatever you see or set for that viewer-defined setting is not relevant in Kitely.

Changing properties for items while they are in your inventory doesn't take effect until the items are rezzed which means that what you see in the inventory doesn't necessarily reflect the actual permissions the item currently has. If you want to view or change item properties then you should always first rez the item, change/view its properties and then retake it into your inventory (if you've made any changes).

To ensure exportability either make sure that you give someone an item that originated from Kitely Market with the Kitely Market Export permission or that you give them an item that didn't originate from Kitely Market but has Next Owner Copy+Transfer so that when they receive the item they will retain Copy+Transfer permissions for it.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Serene Jewell
Kayaker Magic

Post by Kayaker Magic »

The item is one I created, it has never been in the Kitely Market.
I set everything to COPY+TRANS (and a few parts to MOD also)
I gave it to my alt and verified the permissions.
She tries to copy it into her My Suitcase folder and gets an error message:

"Can't add item "Primitive" to folder "Objects" because it's not Exportable. The item was added to the "Lost And Found" folder instead."

We never got to the point where she would try HGing to another grid, we are not allowed to put the object in My Suitcase. Yes, I know everything else you suggested, but nothing you suggested explains WHY CAN"T I PUT THIS ITEM IN MY SUITCASE??? I thought export was not implimented? How can it be preventing me from doing this?
These users thanked the author Kayaker Magic for the post:
Serene Jewell
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Does it contain any component that arrived from Kitely Market?

Have you verified the permissions are as you expect them to be by rezzing the item and checking them on that rezzed item?
Ferrator Montoya

Post by Ferrator Montoya »

So then, two things?
While editing/creating set the perms "as needed", export, anyone can copy and so on?
THEN...
'Go to properties while item is in inv and set "Anyone Copy", rez it, take it back and check/verify?

A bit tedious, but not all that hard to do.
And if this adds a layer of protection for creators/creations, it is probably worth the tedium.
Ferrator Montoya
Envoy to the Great Ferret
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Not exactly, never modify anything inside your inventory. Instead, rezz it, modify the rezzed copy, and then take that modified copy into your inventory.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Ferrator MontoyaMichael Timeless
Ferrator Montoya

Post by Ferrator Montoya »

Got it!
These users thanked the author Ferrator Montoya for the post:
Chris Namaste
Ferrator Montoya
Envoy to the Great Ferret
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

=)
what works,easiest (imo), is box all items,together ina box (that u want to send or give),
make IN THE BOX, each items,the perms u want it to have
some mod-some copy-mod etc
take y box back in invent
send to y friend, i hopethat works (works for me) is easiest (to me),
and indeed, exept templates & layerclothing ALL other items,must b changed 'out' of inventory
goodluck:)
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post:
Ferrator Montoya
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Chris,

It's best not to change items while they are boxed. Instead, rezz them, modify them then add them to the box.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Ferrator MontoyaMichael Timeless
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

yes ilan,
absolutely!
i 'started' my text, seeing ferr & kayak boxing their work
and indeed, didnt, add that all needs to b rezzd first

'cos i saw them doing that & its how i do it too - creating first - boxing after'
assuming isnt a good teacher
giving complete info 'is' :)
thx for adding that ilan
i really forgot :s
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerMichael TimelessFerrator Montoya
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey