Product won't list due to "missing texture"

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Mike Lorrey

Re: Product won't list due to "missing texture"

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Ilan Tochner wrote:It is looking for what is stored in your inventory. Did you make sure to apply the textures on the rezzed copy of the mesh and only then take it into your inventory?

(Please note that changes made to items while they are inside your inventory are only applied after they are actually rezzed and that can result in unexpected behaviors, so you should only ever modify the rezzed copies of items)
Yes, I have found that the blank texture is the kitely default blank texture that I applied to the specular and normal settings, inworld, so they are the default kitely textures that your process should recognise implicitly.
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

I have replaced all but one of the faces of the prims with a blank texture I made by saving the kitely default blank texture to my hDD, then uploading it to my own inventory, and applying it as "intlibs-blank". I thought I got them all but missed one it seems. But this is definitely the kitely default blank texture that is the issue.
Attachments
kitely-marketplace-error2.jpg
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Okay, we'll look into it. We may have overlooked this particular UUID's special handling by viewers.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Mike Lorrey
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Okay, we'll look into it. We may have overlooked this particular UUID's special handling by viewers.
THANK YOU
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

I have resolved this issue by ruthlessly going through the blender file for the offending prim, completely eliminating any possible excess vertices, faces, edges, or materials that may possibly exist, remapping the material, applying a fresh "steel" texture, and applying the rotations, locations and other deltas to the object possible. I have reexported from blender and imported it into Kitely, with a 40% reduction in vertices of the particular prim in the linkset. The Kitely marketplace is unable to find the default blank kitely texture in it anywhere, and so I have put it on sale. Test delivery has been made and it functions as it ought to.
https://www.kitely.com/market/product/1 ... g-Gun-v1-0
These users thanked the author Mike Lorrey for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerBrayla Sana
Brayla Sana

Post by Brayla Sana »

This happened a lot to me at first. My solution was (and is) to create my own blank and transparent textures to apply to models. (When I did, I also made the textures smaller. Less texture lag!) I turned the entire model white using my new uploaded "blank" texture and then I uploaded all the textures for the model separately and reapplied them. This was the only way I could ensure there was no surface with missing textures.

I also recommend using your own blank and transparent textures so you can ensure that transparent stays that way when your products go from grid to grid.
These users thanked the author Brayla Sana for the post:
Ada Radius
Dadiella's for Fashion and Brayla Sana Gallery for Building!
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

What Brayla said.
Note to those new at this: The smallest texture you can upload is 4x4. Plenty big enough for blank white and transparent textures. Be careful to use the same version (UUID) of each, so that servers and viewers don't have to keep track of more than one version.
Brayla Sana wrote:This happened a lot to me at first. My solution was (and is) to create my own blank and transparent textures to apply to models. (When I did, I also made the textures smaller. Less texture lag!) I turned the entire model white using my new uploaded "blank" texture and then I uploaded all the textures for the model separately and reapplied them. This was the only way I could ensure there was no surface with missing textures.

I also recommend using your own blank and transparent textures so you can ensure that transparent stays that way when your products go from grid to grid.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerMike Lorrey
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Thanks I did this and it made it work. I suppose now we need to bug the viewer coders to automatically generate our own personal blank and transparent textures or else allow us to assign textures of our own to those roles.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Mike Lorrey wrote:Thanks I did this and it made it work. I suppose now we need to bug the viewer coders to automatically generate our own personal blank and transparent textures or else allow us to assign textures of our own to those roles.
Here is one that worked out well as an example of how this can be a worthwhile thing to do.

https://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-9639
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Constance Peregrine wrote:
Mike Lorrey wrote:Thanks I did this and it made it work. I suppose now we need to bug the viewer coders to automatically generate our own personal blank and transparent textures or else allow us to assign textures of our own to those roles.
Here is one that worked out well as an example of how this can be a worthwhile thing to do.

https://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-9639
I am happy to say that Ilan fixed this so the blank and transparent default textures are recognized by the marketplace now as permed for the user.