Recent Inventory Problems

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Mike Lorrey

Recent Inventory Problems

Post by Mike Lorrey »

It seems like this weekend everyone is having inventory issues. I'm not sure why, Ilan would have to research it, but I've been having them for the past couple weeks. Clearing my cache didn't fix it, items people give me wont appear until I clear cache and relog. Items I try to give people won't allow me to give them, even if I created them and have them fully permed. My inventory was not fully reloading after clearing cache. it would stop at a few thousand items. Lots of things could not be found.
But I also noticed that many folders would be totally empty when I opened them, despite knowing there should be stuff there. Eventually if I came back to the folder, stuff would be there, so obviously my cache was repopulating very slowly, then I noticed that folders would only repopulate AFTER I had opened them. So I spent an hour this evening going through my whole inventory, opening EVERY folder and subfolder. I now am back to my 23,000+ items and I can find things. I can rez things out of inventory again. I can give things to people again.
I'm not sure why I had to reopen every folder to make this fix. I encourage others to try it with theirs, might help with all the inventory issues I'm hearing about.
These users thanked the author Mike Lorrey for the post:
Selby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Re: Recent Inventory Problems

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mike,

Our log files are huge and grow very quickly, can you (or anyone else) please tell us specific times when this happened and the world you were in at the time?
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

It has been an ongoing problem for the past two weeks since I set up gloebit stores on Sinful Grid and Zangrid, when I had copied some of my product sales inventory to my suitcase to set up vendors over there. I found it very difficult to rez things out of inventory while there, often waiting 15 minutes for something to rez. Back home, problems continued in pretty much every region I have been in for the last two weeks. If I tried to give people landmarks that I've had for months, I'd get the red ban icon, not letting me give them the landmarks. This applied to notecards, and objects. It happened in Seanchai, in ISMuseum, in Naboo, and SLexit as well as in the Kitely Welcome Area.
Sometimes, 20-30 minutes after first attempt, I could give them something. Items people gave me or which I took into inventory from the world would simply not be visible in my inventory at all until I cleared cache and relogged. The only exception to any of these problems was meshes I had just uploaded, which always rezzed for me without problem. Many folders would simply be empty when I opened them, my inventory would show only 2,000-6,000 objects present, when my full inventory is over 23,000 items. So last night in Naboo I finally just sat there for an hour and opened each and every folder and subfolder until every one populated.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Do you have a specific time and place when you last experienced this? If we are to check the logs we need to pinpoint an exact occurrence.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We've spent a few hours researching this and found a few things that could explain the problems you've been experiencing:

We've decided the findings were important enough to warrant their own forums thread which we've made into an announcement. Please see it here.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Dot Matrix