Newbie to Kitely...

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Antonio Valenti

Newbie to Kitely...

Post by Antonio Valenti »

I'm thinking about creating a 4x4 region, but I notice when I start the create process, it doesn't give me the option for 16 sims or a template for them. I'm "assuming" that even if I start a 16 sims region, I only start with one sim that is already built?

If so, can I apply templates to anything other than the 1st one?

Thanks,
Al
These users thanked the author Antonio Valenti for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Graham Mills

Re: Newbie to Kitely...

Post by Graham Mills »

Did you select a world type that supports 16 regions? Other options are disabled otherwise. There are no templates for a 4x4 as far as I know. Outworldz.com may have some.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Welcome to Kitely Alan.

To order a 16-region world make sure to select Advanced World as the world Type and 16 Regions as the world Size and the Template option of your choice. The built area (if any) will be located in the SW corner of your world. You can change that by resizing your world to make it smaller and increasing its size again. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ical-tool/

Once the world has been created you can upload a VarRegion, MegaRegion, or multi-region OAR file into your world using the Replace World option in the Files tab of that world's Manage World dialog (which you get to by clicking the Manage link in your My Worlds page). Please note that using this feature will replace the contents of your world with those of an OAR file, not add the contents of the OAR file to your existing world. If the OAR file you upload contains less than a 4x4 Region build then it will be positioned starting from the SW corner of your world.
Antonio Valenti

Post by Antonio Valenti »

I clicked "Advanced world", then 16 regions... then when I click the Evergreen template, the regions option goes back to "1" ? Is that normal?
Al

PS: Let me add another question if I may... Would it be possible to set up the 4x4 region with the Universal Campus in the SW corner (2x2) and the Evergreen sim in the NE corner?
Thanks, Al
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

The Evergreen template is for a single region. Here are the steps to make it into a 4x4 world.
  1. Create an Advanced World using the Evergreen Island template. This will be a single region world.
  2. When that has been created, go to the "Manage World" Basic tab and click on the "Change World Size" link.
  3. In the dialog box that opens, choose the "New Size" from the drop down menu list.
  4. Now use the arrow keys on the left to move the existing island to where you would like it to be on the enlarged world, shown on the right.
  5. Now click "Resize".
The original blogpost announcing this Kitely tool has screenshots showing the process: Resize Kitely Worlds Using a Graphical Tool.

To answer your second question, it isn't possible to combine templates (OARs) directly in Kitely.

However, if you want to combine several OARs, it can be done outside Kitely via Sim-on-a-Stick and the resulting mega-OAR uploaded to Kitely. I offer a paid-for service for this should you not want to do it yourself.

Note that Evergreen Island cannot be used in this way because it contains non-exportable material, so it cannot be saved as a complete OAR to be combined with others.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerAntonio ValentiArton Tripsa
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

There are a large number of terrain files available via a map search for hypergrid.org:8002:Terrains
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post (total 2):
Dot MatrixSelby Evans
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

There are several Terrain files for 'sale' (for free) at Seanchai Mall in Kitely... including, i think, a few 4x4s
I accidentally deleted one of the buildings where I had a bunch of Terrains and textures for 'sale'... so not sure if the 4x4s are still there or not :-(
Maybe worth a pop-in to see though? Plus lots of other free goodies of course.