Permissions on my products

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
River Lonetree
Has thanked: 0

Permissions on my products

Post by River Lonetree »

I'm new on Kitely market and am having problems with the permissions section of the product listing page. I have the mesh item in my inventory with copy perms, which is what I want it to be, but that option is greyed out - not available - for me on the listing page. Actually, "Export" is the only choice that I CAN click on & change.

The accompanying alpha masks that come with the mesh object are listed with the copy and export perms. What's the deal with the mesh item???

Thanks in advance!
Ilan Tochner

Re: Permissions on my products

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi River,

Kitely Market uses the permissions that the item actually has in your inventory while the viewer inventory shows you the permissions that the item should have when it is rezzed. There can be a difference between the two because of the Slam Bit that Second Life and OpenSim both use. See more info about the Slam Bit here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Permissions

To ensure that the an item you have in your inventory actually gets the permissions you wish it to have, only make changes to an item when it is rezzed. Once you're done editing it the item, take the modified copy into your inventory. That copy of the item should then display the same permissions in your viewer's inventory and in Kitely Market.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste
River Lonetree

Post by River Lonetree »

Thanks so much for your quick response and help! I'll try again and let you know if I'm still having problems, :lol:
River Lonetree

Post by River Lonetree »

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Rezzing it out to change perms instead of changing them while the item was in my inventory WORKED!! YAY!! :D
These users thanked the author River Lonetree for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerGenavieve Page
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Great :-) please let us know if there is anything else you need.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste