Problems hypergridding

Tips and discussions about using OpenSim
Elbereth Elentari 2

Problems hypergridding

Post by Elbereth Elentari 2 »

Hello, I've been having issues with hypergridding in the past few days. I usually log into the Kitely Sandbox and TP from there, but I keep getting timed out or the following message: Service Request Failed "ConnectFailure" - Connection Refused
Sometimes I manage to TP into Wrights Plaza (osgrid), but cannot TP further. I also cannot access Tangle Grid.

Alchemy released a viewer update the other day. Not sure if that is causing issues.

Hope someone can help... the sandbox gets boring! ;D
Many thanks
Ilan Tochner

Re: Problems hypergridding

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Elbereth,

Have you tried TPing from the Kitely Welcome Center and seeing if that makes any difference?

Have you tried TPing with Firestorm on Singularity instead of the new Alchemy?
Elbereth Elentari 2

Hi Ilan,
I had been using the welcome Center until the problem occurred and then I switched to the sandbox because I'd managed to reach Tangle for a couple of days from there.
I've tried the old Alchemy viewer and just tried Singularity with the same issues occurring.
May download Firestorm tomorrow and try that.

Strangely I can hypergrid to "Weltraumbahnhof" without much trouble and usually to Lani's Mall on osgrid, but cannot TP elsewhere from those regions either.

Was having no issues last week...
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

I just managed to hypergrid to Wright Plaza and then on to TanGLe Grid Steam Expo (which opens on 27th Aug). I started in my own sim and used the year-old Firestorm 4.7.9 (50527) on Windows 10 Creator Edition. No problems so far (though Creator Ed has issues with Intel graphics but that's another story).
Last edited by Graham Mills on Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Elbereth, have you tried teleporting to regions on other grids? Nothing changed in Kitely that could explain the problems you're experiencing.
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

I just tp'd from KWC to Wright plaza with no problem at all.
Dadiella Nightwing

Post by Dadiella Nightwing »

Go to speedtest.net and check your connection to eliminate the possibility of problems due to the internet. Check especially the PING. If you recently updated your antivirus/firewall, check it to make sure Firestorm is whitelisted.

If all this checks out OK, Go to C:\Windows\Prefetch (you will get a permissions prompt; click the shield to continue) and delete everything there.
These users thanked the author Dadiella Nightwing for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerDot Matrix
Dadiella's for Fashion and Brayla Sana Gallery for Building!
Elbereth Elentari 2

Thank you everyone for your help and to those who took the time to hypergrid those regions. I believe the HG problems began with the new version of Alchemy, so I'm deleting it.
Would like to here some ideas about which viewer works best for most folks in OS, but I'll post that question in another thread!

Thanks again to all!