Issue with land...

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Scorpius Aurotharius
Has thanked: 0

Issue with land...

Post by Scorpius Aurotharius »

So I am attempting to sculpt a mountain range. All was going well until I got to a section of the land that no matter what I do I cannot get it to raise. lower, flatten anything really. I am not sure if the issue may be linked to the fact that this area of land seems to be part of the "sample sim" you are allowed when you first sign up. This can only be remedied by closing out the view and going back in again. It continues to happen, but odd thing is it will do it to a different area each time I load in. It is a bit annoying. I can work around it, but it seems to me it shouldn't be happening at all.

Any thoughts?
Ilan Tochner

Re: Issue with land...

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Scorpius,

By "sample sim" do you mean the Kitely Evergreen Island world template? If so, please note that some of the land in that world template is made of meshes instead of editable terrain.
Scorpius Aurotharius

So a couple of things..... So when I reload the sim, I can then edit the land again. Also, if I try to move my camera to that area of land, it will snap back to the original position it was in before I tried moving the camera. Also, the land area that is not able to be edited changes on each reload. ex. First time it happened it was a strip along the southern edge of the sim. I reloaded and now I can edit the land on the southern edge but the land on the western edge can not be edited.
Scorpius Aurotharius

So again, I have reloaded and now I can edit the western edge again.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Are you trying to terraform an area that your avatar is far away from? Have you tried moving your avatar close to that area before trying to terraform it?
Scorpius Aurotharius

I have. That doesn't do any good. and yes, I am terraforming. It is an odd thing, I know. Reloading the sim seems to resolve the issue. but it is strange on how it will effect one area and not another. It is about a two square strip at the edge of the sim. Interesting to note though, this last time when I reloaded, one part of the western edge did who being edited (land was raised) but not all of it. It wasnt showing that before the reload though.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

What viewer are you using? Have you tried others?
Scorpius Aurotharius

Firestorm. I also have it set for hypergrid as well. Should I maybe set it to "opensim"?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I'm not sure what you mean by having it set to Hypergrid. What option in Firestorm are you referring to?
Scorpius Aurotharius

So in the "Manage World" section on the Kitely site, under the "Access" tab there is a section that has two check boxes "Me" and "Kitely Users" and "Hypergrid Users".