Tools for finding a texture on a build?

Building using prims, sculpties and meshes. Texture creation techniques.
Koshari Mahana

Tools for finding a texture on a build?

Post by Koshari Mahana »

I have a building that I built and all of the textures are mine. I want to export it to my pc so I can take it into another world. (It's prim, not mesh). The problem is that it's showing that I don't own one of the textures and I'm willing to bet it's because it's the building wood texture that I must have missed. I've searched every part of the build over and over and I can't find it. Is there any sort of a tool or a setting that will highlight a texture that isn't mine so that I can replace it? Has anyone heard of anything like that?

Thanks!
Koshari
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post:
Ilan Tochner
VISIT FOUR WINDS ON THE MARKET
VISIT FOUR WINDS INWORLD: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Coopersville/909/907/21
Ilan Tochner

Re: Tools for finding a texture on a build?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Koshari,

Yes, please read about Kitely's Export World Report, see: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... plemented/
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Hi Ilan,

That worked! My problem was I had my perms set no trans (even though I created it all) so once I changed it to copy/trans, it exported right away for me. I should have asked weeks ago, it would have saved me hours of looking for that one pesky texture. Thanks so much!

Koshari
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

YVW Koshari :-)

Please let us know if there is anything else you need.
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Ilan,

I spoke too soon.

It allowed me to export it as dae but not oxp (as I said it's a prim build, that's why I want to export as oxp). Even with everything set to mod/copy/transfer it hangs up and won't let me save it to my pc as an oxp. (*see screenshot below) All of the textures are mine, the only one that isn't is probably just the library building wood and I can't find it on the build in order to change it.

My goal is to export/backup the one structure as an oxp file.

What I am seeing on the page of instructions (tell me if I'm missing something) is that I have to download my region as OAR to find out which texture I need to replace? Is that what I'm supposed to do?

Re:
First, as explained above, we now prevent No-Export items from being included in OAR files. Second, after Export OAR completes, we now create an Export World Report that summarizes the contents of the world and which objects (if any) weren’t saved to the OAR file. You can view this report by clicking on a link in the same dialog where you download the OAR file:
There are a whole lot of buildings and other items in my region so the Export World Report would be crazy long just to find one texture on one building. I was hoping that maybe there was a tool sort of like "highlight transparency" that would allow for me to highlight any textures that I didn't create on my building.

I thought about using "inspect" but I can only see who created the prims and not who the creator of each of the textures

Back to the question, is exporting my region as an OAR file the only way I can learn which texture isn't mine on the building that I want to export as oxp?

Thanks for your help.
Koshari

This is what I see when I try to back up as oxp, just one texture is keeping me from exporting it:

Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

I did the OAR export and viewed the report and the items that didn't export were all items I bought (and I didn't expect them to export) but none of them were my own buildings nor textures on any of my buildings so I'm back to not knowing which texture is preventing me from exporting the building that I created as an oxp file.

When I exported my builds from InWorldz, as oxp files, they all exported and if there was building wood from the library, or any textures that I did not create, it didn't download the particular texture and just showed it as blank white but it still exported the building with all of the prims and textures that I did create.

This is what I was hoping I could do but it's not letting me at all just because of one texture.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Koshari,

If you're able to export the items via an OAR file then you have the items backed up in a file format that you can upload into other OpenSim grids and standalones. Why do you need to have them in OXP as well?

If I'm not mistaken the tool your trying to use is one that is built into the viewer (which, as you know, isn't developed by us) and it uses its own logic to determine what can and can't be exported. Do you use the exact same viewer in Inworldz or do you use some other viewer version when you use that grid?
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Yes, I'm using firestorm for both, it works to export builds from InWorldz as oxp but not from Kitely because with Kitely that one texture (that I can't find in the build) isn't letting me download it.

I don't know how to save only one building as OAR, I only know how to back up the whole region. Do you know how I can only save one building?

I'm just hoping that I can get it to work because I imported a lot of my buildings into Kitely but I've improved them here and I've also built some new things that I want to also put in InWorldz and Secondlife eventually.

It was also strange that I was able to export the same build as dae (which I don't actually want) but it won't let me export it as oxp unless I'm the creator of every texture. As I said I'm sure that the texture I can't find in the build is just the default wood texture because I've never bought textures here in Kitely, they are all my own.

Thanks again for your help!
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You can create a Starter World for this purpose but you can also just place the content in a uniquely named box, rezz it in your world then export the world to an OAR file. Your content will be in that box when you upload that OAR file in another grid. If there are issues exporting that content via an OAR file then the World Export Report will list these issues and you can search for the unique box name to see what needs to be changed to enable the content to be exported.

But before you do this, I suggest you try unlinking the object and checking if any of the prims were created by someone else or contain objects that may be using a texture you didn't create.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Quick hack -- might be of use.

Place script in root prim of linkset. Touch object to list in chat the link number, name and id of each prim followed by a list of texture ids, naming PLYWOOD if detected.

Code: Select all

{
    touch_start(integer n)
    {
        integer count = llGetNumberOfPrims();
        integer i;
        integer faces;
        for(i=1; i < count+1; i++)
        {
            llOwnerSay("...."+(string)i+" / "+llGetLinkName(i)+" / "+llGetLinkKey(i)+" / ");
            faces = llGetLinkNumberOfSides(i);
            integer j;
            for(j=0; j < faces; j++)
            {
                list params = llGetLinkPrimitiveParams(i, [PRIM_TEXTURE, j]);
                key id = llList2Key(params, 0);
                if (id == "89556747-24cb-43ed-920b-47caed15465f")
                {
                    llOwnerSay("<<PLYWOOD>>");
                }
                else
                {
                    llOwnerSay((string)id);
                }
            }
        } 
    }
}
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post (total 2):