Needed: reflective jacket, safety goggles, work boots

Post requests for goods or services
Ramesh Ramloll

Re: Needed: reflective jacket, safety goggles, work boots

Post by Ramesh Ramloll »

Hello Carl,
Thanks for getting in touch. We have been very busy working on our solutions. The social presence does not reflect our current activities, unfortunately. We are spending considerable time on solving what we consider core issues. Do send me an email at r.ramloll@gmail.com with a short intro and we can continue the conversation.
Best
Ramesh
Carl Fink
Has thanked: 0

Post by Carl Fink »

Graham Mills wrote:
Almost certainly the work of Linda Kellie as is 90+% of the content there. I suspect the attribution got changed when I merged two of her OAR files in the distant past. They are effectively CC0 licensed so I don't think any great harm was done. The associated web page makes the provenance fairly clear but if you want to start fresh you can probably find the OARs on the outworldz website.
It seems to me that to get stuff out of an OAR I'd have to run OpenSim locally, hyperjump to the world, add the item to my inventory, then jump back to my Kitely world. (I guess I could also buy another Kitely world just to load the OAR into but that seems expensive for a world I don't intend to use or share.)

Can I thank you for the OAR-combining part?

Wait ...
Graham Mills wrote:I sent you a simple slider-based hiviz jacket and some safety goggles inworld. I tend not to do clothing etc so they're both very basic but maybe a backstop in case you don't find anything better.
OK, this is way too nice of you. Really, really: thank you.
Ramesh Ramloll wrote:Thanks for getting in touch. We have been very busy working on our solutions. The social presence does not reflect our current activities, unfortunately. We are spending considerable time on solving what we consider core issues. Do send me an email at r.ramloll@gmail.com with a short intro and we can continue the conversation.
Also your web site has older contact info--I had already emailed the contact address there, but apparently you don't monitor it any more. I'll send to your current address as soon as I post this. Thanks! (I seem to say that a lot.)
These users thanked the author Carl Fink for the post (total 2):
Graham MillsDot Matrix
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

(I guess I could also buy another Kitely world just to load the OAR into but that seems expensive for a world I don't intend to use or share.)
Kitely charges are pro-rata for the first part month, so if you set up a new world near the end of the month, loading the OAR at that point, pick up the items you want, and then delete the world before the end of the month, it will only cost you a couple of dollars at most.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerAraminta TwycrossTwitchy