HGB: How Kitely responded to infringing content rumors

Tell us about external references to Kitely
Dot Matrix

HGB: How Kitely responded to infringing content rumors

Post by Dot Matrix »

http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2018/0 ... nt-rumors/

Commenters are pretty positive about Kitely's actions...
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Ilan Tochnerbetty fashionlover
betty fashionlover
Been thanked: 0

Re: HGB: How Kitely responded to infringing content rumors

Post by betty fashionlover »

Hello Sir,

Since you are a shareholder in this grid and you know better than any other what Betty uploaded and deleted after your requests, why you are linking on a website that is using Betty's pictures without mine editorial license ?

Kind Regards

Betty
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Betty,

First, to clarify, the only people who are currently Kitely shareholders are Ilan Tochner and Oren Hurvitz. The Dot Matrix account doesn't belong to us, the person who it does belong to is not a Kitely shareholder.

Regarding your question, our responses to copyright claims are governed by US and Israeli laws. We asked you to remove any unlicensed content from our system because it is illegal for us to host it. Our only protection from liability is by acting promptly to remove it when we become aware of its existence on our system (which we did). However, linking to an article on another website that includes an image without embedding or linking directly to the image is considered fair use by most (if not all) countries, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright ... nd_framing

In other words, it wasn't legal for us to continue hosting what you imported into our system but it is legal for us to link to another website (as long as we don't deep link to or host any of the disputed copyrighted content it may contain). Please note that Dot's post doesn't contain any images.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Koshari Mahanabetty fashionlover
betty fashionlover
Been thanked: 0

Post by betty fashionlover »

Hello Ilan,

Please receive my excuses for misunderstanding your shareholding structure and Dot's role

More than this, i feel really bad that i am becoming the reason, once again (directly or indirectly), you spent your weekend time for replying on this forum

Finally, thank you for your reply on behalf of Dot ( i mean on a question addressed to Dot not that you replied on his behalf) and for this valuable information shared by you

Kind Regards

Betty
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Betty, you had a valid question so I see no problem with you asking it. When our input can be relevant to the discussion, we answer questions that are asked in our forums regardless of who they are addressed to.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
betty fashionlover
Zed deTremont

Post by Zed deTremont »

Sorry, my fault, I do not often look at the forums. In this case though I would like to pass a positive comment. I've seen Ilan handling at least one infringemen. He asked for proof (perfectly logical) and handled fast and efficient. More could not be demanded. Thank you very much Ilan it's a "beyond the usual experience"
These users thanked the author Zed deTremont for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChris Namaste
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Zed.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste