Is there an "UNDO" Button?? PLEASE HELP!!!

Ask questions about using the Kitely website
Headmaster Q

Is there an "UNDO" Button?? PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by Headmaster Q »

Hello, folks!

I'm very new to Kitely and to VR in general. Here I am happily building my world... I finally thought I had the "hang" of this stuff after making the usual rookie mistakes. I start buying from Kitely Market. I made sure most of my furniture, building and such are "locked" to prevent accidental editing, sinking into oblivion, etc...

Then THIS happens...

I buy a new building, open my rezzing box as per normal (I'm excited like a little kid)... and notice that an ENTIRE CASTLE that I purchased and over which I had worked long and hard furnishing, etc. and which I had "locked" in place was sitting on my shoulder!!! It followed me wherever I go and although I detached it, it now sits in a place on the other side of where it needs to be!!

PURE FRUSTRATION...

HOW DO I REPLACE this large building to its EXACT FORMER LOCATION so that all the furniture, signs, etc are where they should be? Right now I have chairs, signs, etc. floating in mid-air with No building to support it!

IS THERE SOME MAGICAL "UNDO" BUTTON??
These users thanked the author Headmaster Q for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChris Namaste
Dot Matrix

Re: Is there an "UNDO" Button?? PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by Dot Matrix »

Did you save an OAR (OpenSim Archive file) before this happened? If so you can load that using the "Manage World" facility on the Kitely web control panel.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Headmaster,

Our system creates automatic daily backups of your world. Would you like us to restore your world to the state it was on on a previous date? Please note that if we do that you'll lose any changes that you made to your world since the backup was created.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Chris NamasteHeadmaster Q
Headmaster Q

Post by Headmaster Q »

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately, the problem is more than 24 hours old. I tried my best to resolve it myself before posting the question here. I have a RELATED question, though:

The first house I bought and rezzed onto my 4x4 world built fine. No problems. I then bought 2 new houses from the same maker (Four Winds.) I was able to rez 1 no problem... The other I was not. I get a message that I do not have permission to build or rez anything!! What can I do to restore my ability to rez/build new houses?

I apologize for these silly newbie questions, but everybody is new sometime!... :D
These users thanked the author Headmaster Q for the post:
Selby Evans
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Headmaster Q wrote:Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately, the problem is more than 24 hours old. I tried my best to resolve it myself before posting the question here. I have a RELATED question, though:

The first house I bought and rezzed onto my 4x4 world built fine. No problems. I then bought 2 new houses from the same maker (Four Winds.) I was able to rez 1 no problem... The other I was not. I get a message that I do not have permission to build or rez anything!! What can I do to restore my ability to rez/build new houses?

I apologize for these silly newbie questions, but everybody is new sometime!... :D
If anything you buy gives you problems, contact the seller. The seller needs to get it fixed, not only for you but also in the the item being sold.

Regarding your castle: Undo is not the only solution available to you. Since you are the owner, you should be able to unlock it and put it where you want. If you don't know the original coordinates, you will have to tinker with the position until the interior stuff is in the right place-or readjust the positions of that stuff.
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We save the automatic daily world backups for ten days so we can restore your world to the state it was in for up to that far back.
Headmaster Q

Post by Headmaster Q »

FYI... I have resolved this issue. I'm on a learning curve, but thank you for the reply submitted.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

YVW Headmaster,

Please let us know if there is anything else you need.