Can there be a "blank" landing page for schools

Using virtual worlds for education
Eileen O'Connor

Can there be a "blank" landing page for schools

Post by Eileen O'Connor »

Ilan, I hope I didn't sabbatoge the meeting today - it was great to be with developers.

I teach teachers how to use Kitely & open sim. When they are making their islands it is fine to have them on the hypergrid & the like. But we are trying to move these to the schools for middle schools and high schools - there are SO MANY wonderful things we can do with that population.

I know / value that Kitely has the option for taking islands off the grid - which is what we are recommending to schools. But they still have to sign on. Is there a ways to have a signon that doesn't bring up the newest on the Kitely market or even the events that are being held. Can you set up some way that there can just be "plain opening" for an account that is designated for education?

I have had many people interested, but they get nervous when they see opening pages that look at all questionable. Can there be a no-ad / no-meeting opening page?

( I took a screen capture for the time we were meeting - if I was working with a school administrator then I would have some trouble explaining why we are feature low cut outfits on the opening page. And this was hardly very revealing. )

I know that kids can find things - but if they find them by going to the education islands my students are setting up, we'll have trouble.

Can you help us here with the landing page? thanks so very much :) :) . eileen
noSeeForSchools.jpg
These users thanked the author Eileen O'Connor for the post (total 6):
Ilan TochnerGraham MillsSue CaxtonSelby EvansDot MatrixFred Williams
Selby Evans

Re: Can there be a "blank" landing page for schools

Post by Selby Evans »

A good solution would be to create an educational landing page. Perhaps it could carry information relevant to education in Kitely. That would give a little product differentiation to Kitely as an education-friendly commercial grid.
Eileen O'Connor

That is a good idea, Shelby. I sort of have that now. Would you still see the Market images when a middle school student tried to sign in through Firestorm?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We're looking at what can be done to enable having an alternative login page for those who want one.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Selby Evans
Eileen O'Connor

That would be wonderful - I am speaking to some high school principals over the summer. I am teaching their teachers how to make virtual worlds and I would like them to be through Kitely. These are with church schools - and they are very strict (these are the ones that want more loose fitting clothes). But even with the US public schools, they want controls. They don't want to see opening pages with the clothes and outfits and underwear that would not be allowed in their schools. We have had a lot of scandals and sexism charges lately in the US - so I would just rather there not be things that could possibly show up that might cause offense. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LOOKING INTO THIS. eileen
These users thanked the author Eileen O'Connor for the post (total 3):
Selby EvansDot MatrixIlan Tochner
Sunny Whitfield

Post by Sunny Whitfield »

I do not for the life of me understand why this woman is targeting my picture when there are FAR more revealing pictures on Kitely. I guess everything has to be in moderate or adult? That will just make it harder for people to find hair.

The special landing page seems like a lot of work for Ilan. So from now on I'll take pictures of my hair in a black turtleneck (I like putting hair as G rating so everyone can find them) I'll retake the first picture of any hair vendors that has cleavage so I don't' offend anyone.

I hope that will help to solve this problem.

Sunny
¸.• •.¸¸.• • Sunny • •.¸¸.• •.¸
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Sunny,

The content that is included in the the existing landing page panels includes both General and Moderate rated content so it isn't a great fit for situations where only General rated content is acceptable.

We're looking into adding an option for a landing page that doesn't include any of the panels that are displayed on our existing landing page. I therefor don't think you should reduce the appeal of your product listings just to try to get them within the acceptable parameters of people who can't use a landing page that includes Moderate content. As you said, there are a lot more revealing Moderate rated product images from other Kitely Market merchants, and I doubt many of them will take similar steps. That said, if you're selling hair and wish to rate is as General you need to ensure the images comply with our maturity rating guidelines: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/space ... Guidelines
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Sunny Whitfield
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We've researched what we can do for organizations wishing to use Kitely. See: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4562