My sister can't teleport out of kitely in the clothes I make

General discussions related to content creation
SpoiledDivaCarissa Richez
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

My sister can't teleport out of kitely in the clothes I make

Post by SpoiledDivaCarissa Richez »

I have been racking my brain as to why I can tp out of kitely but my sister can't when she wears the clothing I am making. The mesh clothing is the problem. I have changed permissions but nothing helps. What is the problem? I have never encountered this before on any grid. The error message is always the same for the mesh clothing. Is this going to affect all the clothing I am selling in marketplace?

Ilan Tochner

Re: My sister can't teleport out of kitely in the clothes I

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi SpoiledDivaCarissa,

Kitely Market export controls are handled differently than those of items that were not acquired from Kitely Market.

Please see: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... plemented/

Also please note that if you want permission changes you make to stick, you should only change permissions of rezzed objects, not objects in your inventory (you can retake the objects into your inventory after you modify their permissions). This is because of something called a slam bit. See: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Permissions
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Chris NamasteRobert Stanley
Brayla Sana

Post by Brayla Sana »

If the clothes are mesh items, make sure the items you are giving your sister are rezzed inworld before your permissions are set. There is a bug in the viewer that changing permissions in the inventory does not "stick".

Also, make sure the clothes are in the Suitcase folder. While this is not ALWAYS necessary, versions of Opensim may vary between grids. Also, when hypergridding, you can only access the Suitcase and not your entire inventory.
These users thanked the author Brayla Sana for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Dadiella's for Fashion and Brayla Sana Gallery for Building!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SpoiledDivaCarissa Richez »

Ok All items I made have to be rezzed in world to texture and change permissions. So in other words I do this anyway. The export is greyed out and blocked in kitely .There's nothing i can do about it. That also includes the vendor I make. which means everything I make in kitely CAN NOT be exported no matter how you change permissions. I know I have tried every possible way under the sun. Which means everything in marketplace can't leave kitely either if worn. I know because I have tried it. What is the point in having an open grid if customers can't tp out of grid with clothing I made in kitely. I have watched permissions change back as I change them. The only thing exportable is textures. There's no point in me continuing to make anything here. Since it can't leave your grid.

Spoiled Diva Carissa
Brayla Sana

Post by Brayla Sana »

There must be something missing. I would IM Ilan when you are inworld so he can take a look at the items.

I am able to share items between my Alts. This is how. I have 2 Avi's, Dadiella and Brayla. Dadiella makes the clothes. I have to have Dadiella rez all the items before I give them to Brayla and set them Full Perms. Any other perms will not work. Then I pick them up and trade them to Brayla. After I trade them to Brayla, I place them in Brayla's Suitcase folder.

Please note that the "Export" flag in the properties does not work. Even after I do all of this, the inworld "Export" flag on Brayla's clothes is still unchecked. The only way I was sure my clothes were exportable was to travel to another grid. Export perms in Opensim in general is wonky. That's why Kitely uses its own system for the Kitely Market.
Snapshot_043.jpg
Please note that while the "Export" perm is unchecked, I am standing in Wright Plaza in OSGrid just fine.
These users thanked the author Brayla Sana for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Dadiella's for Fashion and Brayla Sana Gallery for Building!
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi SpoiledDivaCarissa,

Kitely is the biggest commercial OpenSim grid in terms of number of registered users and land area. Tens of thousands of people have aquired items on the Kitely grid and marketplace, most of which then travelled with these items to other grids. I hope you can agree that that wouldn't have been possible if there was an inherent problem with how the Kitely export control system works.

Have you read the blog post I directed you to that explains that the Export permission you see in the viewer is not what is used in Kitely to define item exportability? You mentioned you not being able to change the Export permission in the viewer again, which suggests that you may want to reread that blog post to better understand what actually defines exportability in Kitely.

If you contact me with a forums PM then I'll be happy to help you overcome whatever issue is preventing you from being able to configure your items to be exportable.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Selby EvansChris NamasteRobert Stanley